We are excited to see collaboration and teamwork between developers on the rise and wanted to take a moment to issue an abridged list of best practices to keep in mind when partnering with other developers. Below is a short list of practices that are particularly important when teaming up with other Roblox developers.
- Do your homework. When collaborating with other developers, please do your research into their history before you sign any contract, do any work, accept any payment, etc.
- Have they used the Developer Exchange program before?
- Does the developer own a robux earning game?
- Are they in the Developer Forum?
- Do they have any incidents in their past that give you cause for concern?
- What does a Google, Twitter, or Developer Forum search tell you about them?
- Learn more about the project. You want to know exactly what you’re working on - otherwise, how can you ensure your contributions to the project fit?
- Ensure originality. Learn more about this topic at the following article (Reminder about IP)
The first tip is especially important for people who are doing contracted work and being paid directly by another developer. Please keep in mind, receiving Robux from an illegitimate source can prevent you from being able to use the Developer Exchange program.
The Roblox Team