Best way to create discord logs?

I’m currently working on anti-cheat for my game along with logs and stuff like that.
(logs that can detect purchases, if someone may be exploiting, banned users, etc)

I’ve worked with webhooks in the past (very little experience/knowledge)
but webhooks have strict rate limits so I’ve decided the best approach may be to create a discord bot.

Should I use webhooks? Should I use a discord bot? What is the best way to achieve what I want? Any tips/advice?

Also if anyone could link any tutorials that may be of use to me that would be greatly appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Using a webhook is way easier. You’re going to need https service, json, the webhook url, and PostAsync. I recommend looking up a tutorial on youtube about a roblox to discord join logger, so you can see how to format the data. Then, you can incorporate it into your system.

3 Likes

Don’t webhooks have a very tight rate limit? I don’t want to exceed the rate limit since some logs will be coming in very fast.

Example being while a player is playing it will collect tons of information about everything they’ve done in that play session then spit it out after they leave the game. And if players are constantly leaving and rejoining then the logs can easily go past the rate limit.

It also doesn’t help that certain things in the game will kick you / send you to a new server.

Also thank you for the response :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well, it depends what kind of game you are making. I’m not sure exactly what the rate limit is for a webhook. If you are making a game that is going to need to send tons of stuff through webhooks per minute, then I would possibly go with a bot.

There is no doubt that sending information through webhooks are easier to make, its just the issue of how much traffic you will be receiving.

2 Likes

is it possible to make a queue system? I don’t mind logs being delayed.
a queue system could allow me to use webhooks without worrying about them exceeding the rate limit.
What even is the webhook rate limit for roblox? If you know.

2 Likes

While looking to see what the rate limit is for https, I just found this devforum topic.

Mabye this could be of use.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I appreciate the help :slight_smile:

1 Like