Better Chat V3 | Custom chat with replies, rich text, message editing, and more!

Hello, I did everything but if I chat it doesnt appear etc.

This is good

1 Like

How did you get it working i get error

Players.Rapid_Gaming22.PlayerScripts.betterChatClient.modules.bubbleChat.billboard:105: attempt to index nil with number

This error is fixed but causing me to remove every gui in my game? Why does it do this @Jumpathy

Does your game have a Screen GUI in it?

I’m playing the testing place actually

There seems to be a bug with the .speakerAdded Event, I just copied the code from the documentation and getting this error

attempt to call missing method 'Connect' of table

here the code

return function(api)
	-- Let's start by getting the speaker module!

local speakerModule = api.speaker
	print(speakerModule) --> {...} <speakerModule>

speakerModule.speakerAdded:Connect(function(speaker)
		print(speaker) --> {...} <speaker>
		print(speaker.name) --> <speaker's name>
	end)
end
1 Like

Hello! i like how this chat ui looks, but i have a slight problem : i cannot find the “LoadDeafultChat” value within the Chat service. when using : shows the deafult chat aswell as the custom one. edit : it fixed itself

1 Like

what do you mean by that?
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍^o^
anyways seems like a cool custom chat might try to use this but i will have to make it match the theme of my game’s ui
also would be cool if it had custom roblox emojis :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients:
This reply had a lot of edits! :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients: :coefficients:

I am having trouble with this, for some reason when I join on my ALT it is coming up as “Fan” for which I made specifically for group members. None group members get “Guest”

Rank list;
[1] = “Guest”,
[1] = “Fan”,
[1] = “Vip”

Group;
Groups = {
[groupid] = {
[2] = “Fan”,
[254] = “Manager”,
[255] = “Owner”

so, my group permission for fan is “2”
on the ranks, below all this the priority for guest is 1 and fan is 2.

yet my alt still joins as fan when its not in the group

please help

Is there a way to edit the Color of the Chat Box?

1 Like

Sorry for the bump; but how’d you do the gradient thingy for the ranking text display?

This is honestly the best system I have seen on this forum, great work.

1 Like

Update:

• Added API fixes
  • Fixed chat scrolling not working
  • Random bug fixes

If anyone has feature requests, lmk :slight_smile:

1 Like

i want to make my own version of this :D

1 Like

having a problem with the loader it says

09:46:56.458 Downloading asset failed for asset id 9375790695. Is the asset id correct and is the asset type “Model”? - Server - Loader:10

1 Like

Hello everyone! Please refer to the new installation instructions in the topic. This model has been banned by Roblox auto-moderation and will need to be installed manually. Automatic updates will cease to exist, and I am so sorry about that.

2 Likes

Does this chat system allow workaround to use Enter for chat input?

Not natively, you will need to fork the code for that.

Does this chat allow for the creation of text channels?
Like If I want a channel for a selected multiple teams to be able to chat?

Or is there a way to only allow certain teams to have team channels?
(Like I don’t want a team channel for the “Loading” team)

1 Like