Better Chat V3 | Feature-rich custom chat with replies, rich text, message editing, and more!

I tested it in a game, and it didn’t save either

@Jumpathy There’s a bug when you cannot edit messages on mobile because something related to these quick-action buttons is set to MouseButton1Down, I changed it in my own copy to MouseButton1Click and it fixed. I would also recommend making it so the topbar stuff is not going to be inserted at all when it’s not being used (disabled in setting) instead of being inserted but unused tho.

1 Like

Can you send me the updated code in DMs and I’ll check it out and potentially update it.

@Jumpathy Sure, on the DevForum or via dizzy?

Send it to her on the DevForum. She doesn’t use Discord that much anymore.

1 Like

@Jumpathy Chat is completely broken, you can’t open the chat bar and it happened in the every game that uses Better Chat V3

1 Like

Many users are also experiencing the same issue, the chat button isn’t opening the chat.

1 Like

@Jumpathy Chat isn’t opening on mobile/tablet devices, looks like it has been reported already. Therefore, there is not much to add.

1 Like

I am unsure of what is going on right now, something to do with localization AFAIK.

Hitting settings opens the chat but from there it’s completely empty.

2 Likes

@Jumpathy Also did u fix the bug i dmed you?

Thank you for all the support everybody, as of next week I will be taking a leave from development for the next six to eight months.

This project has had an amazing run as I’ve developed it and I’m sorry that I won’t be part of it’s future for the next few months.

Development has been fun on Roblox but due to personal reasons I will be on an absence from the platform as a whole.

• Sincerely, Jumpathy
7 Likes

Just a bit of a suggestion, would it be possible to add to the API a command for removing/giving a rank to a user? (applied on that server only), My game uses a custom administration system without a group, and I don’t want to have to manually add a staff member to the code every time I add a new one, so an API to manage the giving/removing of ranks that I could use when removing it from the DataStore would be amazing.

Something like:

api:setRank(plrinstance, rank)
api:removeRank(plrinstance)

@Jumpathy Is that possible to add more languages support without using the roblox’s translation feature? What I mean is adding one more language into the localizationTable script.

I’ll look into this for you when I have some time; however, this project is not currently officially maintained as mentioned three posts ago and is in a state of hiatus. I’ll update you with a modified source.

Is this still happening on the most recent version? If so, can you send me anything about this that may help.

Has this been implemented? If not, can you send me your modified source in DMs?

It has not been implemented. Sure, I can send you the fixed source!

Great! I’ll check it out tomorrow. I believe I’m going to be free then, if not I’ll keep you posted.

Creation of a github repo !

I tried to find a github repo but couldn’t find any and if it’s not updated, the project will die at some point.
That’s why I created a github project where you can propose pull requests that I will check daily.
I don’t take ownership of the project, I just try to make sure it doesn’t get forgotten.

Here is the link :

2 Likes

@alexinite @vfx_1 May you send a pull request for the new repo ?
It would be great to share it to the community!