Blender 2.8 View Model Tutorial (FPS ARMS)

Yes. Yes. Yes! I’ve been planning out my own FPS, and this will help so much with the gun rigging.

1 Like

Very well made tutorial. Thank you for making this.

Thank you soo much. It really helped a lot.

Help. I don’t what I did wrong but when I click the blender rig plugin it does not open anything for me.

1 Like

You did an awesome job of explaining, but could you post the 3-hour long video I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the amazing work you put into this tutorial! :+1: :+1:

Could you please make another tutorial but with Blender 2.79 instead?

the process is the same. In this instance, 2.8 and 2.79 will work interchangeably

i keep getting the god damn traceback error i dont know what to do :frowning:

Reinstall the plugin and make sure versions match, I personally use 2.83 and have no problems with it.

can someone actauly explain this to me?

also you model doesmt work the plugin says no primary part set

If it isn’t there, you can set a primary part yourself with the Primary Part option.

Make sure you set it to the “HumanoidRootPart.”

the mesh of the weapon also breaks i had a knife i made andit falls apart and breaks
so still

Did you make sure they were all connected to the HumanoidRootPart?
If there’s some parts left on their own without any joints or weld created, it will fall apart.

k i got that now when i importto blender the weapon doesnt appear

Can you show me the rig and what happens when you import it into blender?

I’ve decided to make viewmodel animations with a slightly different viewmodel rig (R6 rig with the legs gone and only the arms visible), and I’ve gotten these animations so far.

yes I know the viewmodel is a little too close to the screen, I’m planning on making it slightly further away so it doesn’t block half of the screen.

2 Likes

Pretty!!

Also, maybe try changing the FOV to something higher to move it back a bit

I like it though <3

1 Like

i set it to node only but the rig didnt pop up for the weapon. i followed along with everything.

1 Like

but how can i make the camera more accurate?

1 Like