Blender Fix Model Import

Hi there,
I have a fairly low-poly blender car here.

However, if I import it into roblox, it turns…

I can’t seem to find an actual solution as other posts are older versions of blender.
Please help!

2 Likes

Enable “DoubleSided” property of the mesh in Studio, or try adding Solidify modifier in blender then import it again.

2 Likes

@Qbytez please do not suggest using the Solidify modifier for this purpose! It can REALLY ruin a games performance and is a very difficult thing to undo!

@6QL4 flip your normals. There are plenty of threads both on the dev forum and on Blender-related forums that can show you how without us repeating ourselves :slightly_smiling_face:

And absolutely don’t use the Solidify modifier for this.

7 Likes

flip normals or enable double sided but you’re better off flipping normals cause it might have messed up shading if you have double sided

I absolutely agree, solidify modifier is not good for optimization and it could easly double the triangle count.

thanks for posting this, i didn’t know why that was happening to me either lol. but after reading these replies it all makes sense now…

Thank you all! Glad everybody can discuss this.

You can always use DoubleSided but I recommend selecting all of the vertices in blender and make them all recalculate outside.

Update: Somehow I got it to export, but everything is red. Even the tires.

Are you sure the texture is uploaded as a decal so you can apply it as the texture?

DO NOT flip your normals. If there are any faces that are facing the right direction, flipping your normals will fix everything, except for those faces, it’ll be like a time consuming, vicious cycle. Recalculate them instead.

Select your object, go to edit mode, press A to select your whole object, and then press CTRL + N. That should flip your normals to the outside.
NOTE: This needs to be done for each seperate object if you haven’t joined your mesh together.

In basic terms, “Normals” are the sides of each face that is considered the outside of an object. Roblox studio calculates negative normals as invisible, which is the problem that you’re having.

If you want to check your normals before exporting your mesh, you can do so by turning on Face Orientation. This is located in the drop down near the viewport buttons on the top right, if that doesn’t make sense let me know and I’ll reply with a pic.

Hope this helped

3 Likes

Material colors (which is what I assume you are using) do not transfer to Roblox Studio

If you’re using a UV Map, make sure that the mesh you exported has the correct UV map for your texture