Blender Imported FBX Plane Not Deforming

might I suggest you use the blender to do so?
it is very useful and has a lot more tools than Roblox does.
Here’s a tuts on that.

I want to have a function in roblox that creates bones based on a Vector3 on a Plane Mesh like this:

and have it deform when you move a bone in any X.Y.Z.

The trouble is it stops deforming the mesh after 4 bones because its a 2D Plain Mesh. I want it to keep deforming so like infinite vertices so it does not stop deforming after 4 bones.

Do You Understand?

I don’t want to have to do it in blender because then I can’t change the size or how many bones there are. I just need to create the mesh in blender, but when I do it limits the vertices to 4 aka limits it to max of 4 bones

if that’s the case instead of bones maybe use the mesh deformer object.
you put it in a part and use it.

I need it to be able to deform to go with this. My Water Simulation:

I want that done with a Single mesh.

Well the thing is if you want it done with a single mesh you need some weights to tell the bones which parts need to be deformed otherwise the bones won’t work.
this can’t be done with a script.

I know it has to do with the properties of the Plane Mesh or the Blender equivalent of properties because if I grab a Plane Mesh from Toolbox it allows infinite bones and deforms exactly how I want it.

I Just Don’t Know How To Make A Plane Mesh That Can Do That? If That Even Is A Plane Mesh. Please Can You Help. I have Been Stuck On This For Ages.

Have you looked inside the plane mesh that worked? Maybe the answer to your question lies there?

I can’t because I got it from the Roblox Toolbox? If you mean the Roblox Properties of it then yes. Also “MeshDeformer” is not a valid instance.

I don’t know how I can open a MeshPart from Roblox in Blender.

What you can do is export it here’s a tut on that

the info will be sent to blender and you will be able to see why it worked

Viewport doesn’t matter when you are exporting, this will have no effect. Viewport is literally just how detailed it appears.

Well then how to I create the effect in this:

What Properties should I be looking at in particular?

Plane.obj (1.7 KB)

There is a plugin called terrain mesher. May want to look into that :slight_smile:

What is this?

that is the only difference

that’s the image for the obj object.

the vertex groups and the armatures.

There are armatures when I import the Plane

then select them and check the vertex groups.

Oh sorry I meant there are no armatures when I import the plane.

okay try looking in wireframe mode and also see if there are any vertex groups.