Blender rig exporter/animation importer

Thank you! That worked perfectly, I appreciate the help :slight_smile:

I’ve tested the newest Blender build now and it still seems to behave properly. Are you use the addon is selected in the addon menu, you pressed “save preferences” and that no new entry appears in the FIle -> Import menu?

I’m using Blender 2.79 on Steam and I installed the (Old Version).py through User Preferences and Addons. I checked it and saved user settings and refreshed it and back. I still don’t get anything new from the Import menu.

The 2.79 version has a different UI, see the “Very basic how-to-use guide for Blender 2.79” section in the opening post.

4 Likes

Okay I see it now. It’s on the Animations Menu on the left T menu. I was reading the 2.8 section by accident.

I am using a custom R15 model, and the only issue I have is when an animation from Mixamo is imported, the feet are a bit too low and they penetrate the ground during the animation. Is there any way that I can correct this in Blender or otherwise?

Would Apply Armature Transform help? Not sure how to use this feature.

1 Like

@Den_S Are there any instructions on how to use Apply Armature Transform & the Map Keyframes functions. I am not sure how or where in the process to use these.

I have exported an FBX animation from Mixamo, and I would like to adjust the height a bit so that my character’s feet don’t go beneath the ground level during the animation. I am using a custom R15 rig.

Thank you!

“Apply armature transform” allows you to first move the armature in object mode (which has no effect on the exported data on its own, as the animation is always relative to the armature), but when you “Apply armature transform”, it’ll transfer your armature transformation into the animation state itself (and set the armature transform to 0 again).
So you can move the armature upwards in object mode, then apply the armature transform to ensure the animation is moved upwards on every keyframe too.

3 Likes

Works great! Your plugin is the best thing ever. Thank you so much.

Is it me or can I not export my rig anymore? https://gyazo.com/449c78653eea74ba5883f44641d3c7d0

There’s an error being printed in the console, which may help identify what is causing the issue. Can you copy it over here?

Just a very mild complaint. Any reason as to why the KeyframeSequence always moves to Workspace when uploading an animation? Personally I think it would be a lot more practical if it moves into the actual AnimSaves folder of that specific rig.
Also is it possible to have a button that only creates the KeyframeSequence without prompting us to upload it? Sometimes you don’t want to directly upload animations because you may want to make some adjustments, such as KeyFrame names.

Just a few things that sort of get tedious to work around when you’re importing animations from blender very frequently, and its becoming very apparent as someone that imports animations multiple times for a single animation :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s a temporary thing that is removed when you close the plugin, it needs to be somewhere in the datamodel order to allow uploading the asset.
AnimSaves is something specific to the Roblox animation editor, they store “save files” there. It’s not really suggested to load the output of this plugin back into the Roblox animation editor (even though it works).

I can imagine that being useful yes, will consider that, thanks.

I’ve also been planning to export Blender Markers to Roblox KeyframeMarkers, that’ll hopefully simplify the workflow a lot too (the existing UI to add keyframe names at a certain time is really clunky).

3 Likes

Clicking Rebuild Rig in Blender 2.8 after importing the .obj just spits an error:

the .obj also seems to import with some weird block

5 Likes
  • Are you using the correct version of the addon for your blender version?
  • Did you import the rig by pressing “import model” in the addon’s tab?
  • Are there any other rigs present in your .blend file?
1 Like

Yes. correct version of plugin for Blender version

Yes/No - I tried both the 2.79 and 2.8 version. IN the 2.8 version you dont press a button, you just import it using the proper format provided in the import menu. I did this properly on both versions.

No. This is a fresh file.

1 Like

The Roblox plugin may also show warnings when selecting a rig, make sure to fix those first.

1 Like

Anyone know how I could use this method to import weapon animations or other animations?

1 Like

Hi, I’m having a problem with importing my animation to Roblox. I’m using Blender 2.8
I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything correctly in the run-up to this. I’ve exported my rig to blender and animated it.

However, when I export it from blender and import it into Studio I paste the information from my clipboard but nothing seems to happen.

Any idea what could be going wrong? Have I made a mistake somewhere?

EDIT: If you’re having the same issue then try unanchoring all the parts apart from the root! <3

1 Like

It is possible to pass animations of the MMD program “Miku Miku Dance”?,

there is some way to copy and paste, even if it is complicated I do not care, I want to know if it can be done or not.

4 Likes