BodyGyros with inf MaxTorque recently broken in live servers

Last night saved my game, everything was solid. Come back today and ships were just rotating.
Glad this was here.

1 Like

I can confirm that this happening to a game that I am working for. The Auto-flip feature that uses BodyGyro and math.huge is no longer working. This has to be fixed as many games will remain broken.

We’re investigating. Thanks for the report.

7 Likes

Can confirm, players in Jailbreak can no longer flip their vehicles over.

11 Likes

We may have found the root cause. Still working on it.

Update: Confirmed. Working on a fix.

16 Likes

We’ll be reverting the 468 release temporarily to fix this, with a patched release to follow.

19 Likes

Hey joe, yeah looks like the boats are a bit goofed rn, Same thing goes for my washington dc subway cars, they keep getting stuck on turns. Not sure what roblox did.

Not sure if it’s related, but since the reversion it’s changed Z-index behaviour of UI in all of my games

There is a new problem with physics if you all can look into that, things seem to have gotten really unstable recently as of march 14th.

2 Likes

BodyMovers and humanoid collision interactions have been really weird for me as well for the past week. However, this discussion should likely turn into it’s own thread.

2 Likes

I hate to have to bump this thread, but 21 days later I’m still suffering from this issue.

Physics are still acting up for me - especially since March 14th/15th - making all my vehicles (trains) really unstable and shaking so much. I’ve tried a few fixes but none of them seem to be working. No update seems to have fixed this, for me at least.

1 Like

Hello everyone! Does this issue still occur for you?; or we can close the topic if not anymore. Thank you!

I have a different problem with BodyGyros with inf MaxTorque.

Parts with a Size of 469, 469, 469 or larger get instantly teleported to the void (nan, nan, nan Position) and disappear when a BodyGyro with inf MaxTorque is inserted into them. This doesn’t happen if the part’s size is 468, 468, 468 or smaller, or if the MaxTorque isn’t infinite. The BodyGyro.CFrame doesn’t seem to matter. Here is a repro file:

repro.rbxl (25.3 KB)

When the game is run, the expected behavior for the part is to fall down due to gravity, but instead it instantly disappears.

This also happens with BodyAngularVelocity with inf MaxTorque, regardless of the AngularVelocity: repro.rbxl (25.3 KB)

This behavior is inconsistent, why should it only happen to big enough parts? This is negatively impacting an older game I play, which doesn’t get updated anymore.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.