BOLT - Library for Programming Easier and Faster [Not Recommended for Use]

Read the post carefully, he didn’t say/intend what you’re making it seem to be.

1 Like

Quite cool, except most of these small functions can be written in under 30 seconds. One suggestion I have is to make the module only contain large functions, that way the small ones don’t waste space / memory.

3 Likes

Oh and not to mention these are specfic use functions, not general use. What I mean is that these are made for one purpose only (i.e. creating leaderstats with one value, or killing a player), not something like Shooting a ray forward or a function that can do more than one thing.

1 Like

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m just trying to explain what the majority of the community thinks. I don’t think it’s useless, I just think it can be improved. It’s a good contribution.

2 Likes

Despite all the hate here I really like this module! It saves a TON of time and prevents you from having to create multiple modules for multiple functions and just putting them all in one module! For everyone complaining about wasting memory, this module is for saving time not saving memory. Not to mention the time saved really adds up!

1 Like

As I’m currently working on this I would love to hear from people as to what they think I should add. It would really help in the development as to where to focus my attention.

Less lines =/= faster. There’s a lot of unnecessary :WaitForChild()'s and use of the second parameter of Instance.new().

4 Likes

Thank you for creating this! I hope to use it soon.

1 Like

There are also methods in this like RemoveHealth and Shoot which don’t even use the built-in humanoid TakeDamage function, which actually respects forcefields unlike directly setting the health.

Personally, a lot of these seem like really redundant one line wrappers that serve no purpose and also is misleading people into believing that these one line functions actually provide any performance optimizations, which is completely false, it wouldn’t make a difference even if the same thing was being done directly from the code that needed it instead of a function.

2 Likes

Bolt.Kill() vs Character.Humanoid.Health, then the latter would win because you’re using the exact same thing in the Bolt.Kill, bit on top of that you’re also firing a function

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice on using dictionaries. I plan on implementing these in the next release.

Bolt 22.2.1

Bolt 22.2.1 has been released just now.

Change Log

• Bolt now uses a dictionary arrangement. You will now have to use for example Bolt.Stats.NewStat(). Important if you download from github you MUST make all files in requires a child of Bolt.lua

RobloxWebsiteGitHub

It would be more efficient to code your own raycast, the Shoot method is barely modifiable, even adding a callback would give it some use rather than just automatically damaging a humanoid.

Sorry for the late reply. If your looking for raycasting and you would like a return you can use the Bolt.Combat.RayCast(). For more details visit our documentation on ICrann | Bolt

I never asked what method raycasts, I’ve already looked at your module. I was simply stating that this module is mostly wrappers to make your code ‘more efficient’, and that if you wanted to make it a little more useful, you could add a callback to the Shoot function

Yeah I think we all would like to see some actual benchmarks and performance figures to back that claim up. All you’re doing is just rerouting the function, which should actually make it perform worse because of the redundant function calls. Like what @betrelIe said, less lines doesn’t necessarily make your code run faster. It might help with file size, but not runtime performance.

2 Likes

Hi ICfrann I love ur module Bolt I go on website

Can I Pay 25$ A MONTH for Bolt Libary Premium Please Discount code me Bolt

Id Rllly like bolt named email domians That would benice to have I am a big user of the Module.

Can i Contact you Ceo re ? I click contact it dont work plzz fix in the next bolt update

1 Like

That’s a hosting company not affiliated with the BOLT library.

But It on iCrann Site N It Links Bolt Library I want to Pay.

That’s for web hosting, not Bolt Library. Also, domains cost money.