(BUG REPORT) ROBLOX's Newest Update Is Causing Major Bugs to my Game!

Hello! My name is Vamonoz and I own the group Coast and I have not been able to get help with the newest ROBLOX update causing major issues to my game Coast Restaurant.

What’s breaking?

• Tools seem to be flipped horizontally (this didn’t start occurring until 3/3 when the new update was released and this was not something done by any of my developers.)
  • Proximity prompts seem to be bugging very badly. Currently, we have grills that players must hold E on to open and now they won’t even appear for some tools you try to cook (and they should appear for all and be used to before this update)
  • Inventory is not re-appearing when it’s supposed to (after throwing a food box away)
  • Tool welding seems to be bugged.

I’ve also been told that players’ animations are lagging a lot and I would like to once again mention that none of this occurred prior to the update released named 516. We had tried to go into old versions of the game to make sure that there is no way our developers could’ve done this and the same issues are occurring there. - Also the proximity prompt glitch only occurs for our entrees and appetizers that uses our grill feature.

Screenshots:
Tool welding glitched.
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

The proximity one is mostly self-explanatory. Basically, when you are holding a box there should be proximity on each grill. (Like how it was prior to the update). Although our proximities for the hibachi grills show up but don’t function.

If you need any more information please ask in the comments and I’ll be quick to answer.

Thanks and hopefully this is fixed soon. :+1:

2 Likes

Just change the tool grip in the tools properties or use a plugin (recommended)

2 Likes

Also there are no bugs in the output or counsel, we don’t know what is breaking!

2 Likes

I don’t believe that’s the issue. It is already positioned correctly the update just broke it.

2 Likes

Which update though, roblox wouldn’t make an update that breaks tool grips. It may be your game since everything else is working fine.

1 Like

The proximities are also breaking and none of our developers touched anything for weeks and it randomly occurred right as the ROBLOX update was launched…

1 Like

This might be a case of the recent Animation Engine that ROBLOX has changed, I believe it’s set to Default from now on

The way to fix it, is that you head to your Workspace object, and you should see a property called AnimationWeightedBlendFix:

There are 3 options to choose from:

• Default (Which I believe is set for every game)
  • Disabled (Basically no Modern ROBLOX update for you)
  • Enabled (Enables the current Animation Engine Update)

Set it to Disabled and try again if that changes anything

3 Likes

Ayee! This fixed the cooking/proximity bugs and tool welding. Thanks so much, you’re a lifesaver! <3

We are still having issues with the inventory bar not re-appearing when it should and the glowstick tool issue is still occurring. If you know anything that could’ve caused that then please let me know but this fixed a lot of the problem so thanks! <3

2 Likes

If there’s any errors relevant to the Inventory Bar or Glowsticks, do go ahead and show them here

It could be some random CoreGui error if you’re trying to hide the default one, the other potential instance could be some Weld bug that ROBLOX recently changed as well

If you know where your Scripts are for the main Inventory & Glowsticks, add some print("") statements, this would help debug & further close where the issue lies

1 Like

Alright, they are a little tricky to explain so is there any way you could join me? 🌴 Coast Restaurant V3 - Roblox

1 Like