[BUG] TextLabels bugged on BillBoardsGUI [video]

Hello, there is a very annoying bug in my game since the last update. As you can see on the video, the text of the TextLabel is blinking and bugging completely, while the BackGround of the TextLabels is not. This bug makes my game very unpleasant and I can’t find any solution to fix this bug. I specify that this bug appears only on phones and tablets (no bug on computer). It is not related to the scripts (even if I delete all the scripts from my game the problem still occurs), but seem to be related to the number of parts on my game (if I delete about 2000-2500 shares then this problem disappears). Could you help me to find a solution I don’t know what to do and it’s bothering me… Thank you

If I had to guess, I would say it has something to do with the way Roblox manages a phone/tablet’s memory. If Roblox needs to cut down on memory, it will lower the quality of some aspects of your game, the TextLabel text rendering might be one of them.

It’s worth checking out this article by Roblox on StreamingEnabled, which unloads assets far away, but reloads them once you get closer to them thus improving game performance.

You could also look at assets in the #resources:community-resources category like the following.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer, that’s what I seem to have. By removing all the text labels in my game except this one, the problem disappears, so I will replace the text labels by textures

1 Like