Building Tips and Tricks To make a pro builder

Hey Builders, :wave:

I am new to building and i want to know some basic tips and tricks
How can i improve my building?

How can i imagine things?
How can i know where to place the decoration objects?

Thanks! Any help will be appreciate!

3 Likes

For me I usual take inspirations of others builds, other games, or real world images. If someone were to tell me to build something complicated right off the bat without reference, I wouldn’t be able to do it. Use other parts that aren’t shown like corner wedges to your advantage. Also, do know that there are some great plugins for helping you build like F3X builder.

1 Like

The important part of being a builder is having appropriate plugins.

Here is a list of useful plugins:

https://www.roblox.com/library/3585926833/RopeMaster-In-Development
https://www.roblox.com/library/163874890/Camera-Light

Another thing you can do is watch advanced builders and learn from them. After that, you’ll have
an idea on how to make a model. If you want to try to make advanced builds, recreate advanced builds. See how it was structured and try to make that exact build and after that, you’ll have an idea
on how to make similar builds.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are some building tricks that I use to make my builds to look better. One of the obvious ones is by adding small parts to a normal parts, here’s what I mean to say

Ex: You’re asked to make a classic wooden door, so the main part is the block for the main of the door, then comes the smaller parts, like adding a sphere to a side as the door knob of the door. This sounds really simple but you can get yourself improved with how you get from it.

My most welcome!

1 Like

No problem, always happy to help!

For the first question: Practice makes perfect! Just keep making things you’ve never made before and you’ll get better at it.

and heres a good tip: if you dont like how it looks, you can try remaking it or completely scratch the idea of it and make something else similar to it

For the 2nd question:
I use pinterest (or google) for references, take a few images and combine them into something that looks like… something.

As for the 3rd question, If an area looks dull, empty or plain, put something there. I usually do boxes, barrels, crates, tables or posters

If this doesnt help then uhhhhhhhh idk

It’s all about practice and trying new techniques to take along your building journey. Consider to use the search function as this has been talked about many of times there are some excellent topics which leaves a lot of information including building tips.

There are a bunch of tips and basic information that you will learn along the way, you basically just building and the questions you have will come later down the line. I would consider using reference images as it will act as a guide showing you what decorations go where or to place them in there proper areas. I’ll focus on something your most interested in or enjoy making.

To improve your building skills or figuring out where decorations are suppose to be placed is you start building, have a few images by your side to guide you with spotting those important details.

1 Like