Bullet hit particles reflecting

I got bullet hit particles which basically are just sparks. I want the sparks to be “reflected” off the surface they hit. How would I do this with the raycast normal?

Well you can get where the hit position and then since the normal is perpendicular to the surface its on, I guess just rotate the bullet particles by the inverse normal

I was thinking to do something like that but I have absolutely no idea on how to rotate particle emitters.

honestly what i said was based off something ive never done so this is probably of more help, also i dont know how to rotate particle emitters either maybe try rotating the part its parented too?

1 Like

It seems like you are not able to do this currently, efficiently; at least. You may be able to use the Acceleration property; however?

I’ll try using that.

With some math you could figure out where the particles should go towards, disable the current particles, use Emit() to force emit new particles to head towards that direction

Sure, however I am not sure if I am doing this correctly,

local ResultNormalModified = ResultNormal*100
SparkDirection.Acceleration = ResultNormalModified
Sparks.Parent = Attachment

I am not quite the expert at advanced vector math.

I can’t help with the math much, but I’ve thought of something much more possible. A little bit of modifying of the spark particle properties, such as spread angle and direction, so that they shoot upwards. After that put the particle in a attachment on the surface normal.

1 Like

Could you explain better? I think I know what you mean but I’m also unsure.

What I mean is like in some first person shooter/third person shooter games when you shoot a wall sparks come out. Those sparks get “reflected” off the wall. I need help on the math of how to reflect the sparks (which are particle emitters) off a wall on hit. By the way the bullets use raycasting.