Camera goes through invisible wall, how would I work around this

I’m making a start menu for my game, I’ve made it in Blender so the hitboxes of the meshes are screwed up. To account for this I manually placed blocks in the right spots, so the hitboxes feel right. The problem is that my camera goes through the scenery and the manual hitboxes, how would I fix this?
robloxapp-20220120-1813181.wmv (2.3 MB)

1 Like

Ramping this up, hopefully. I still look for a solution, can’t find a way for the camera to clip with the blocks I placed, because they have 1 transparency

1 Like

Can’t you just make the walls CanCollide Property to true?

Also, if you use meshparts instead of special meshes then the hitbox will not be messed up.

1 Like

My manual parts do have cancollide set to true. Also I’m am not using special meshes I’m using imported meshes from blender.

Hitboxes on

2 Likes

There is some settings inside the cameramodule that prevent the camera from going through invisible parts, although this could be quite annoying in some situations it would solve your problem.
You would also have to fork the player module, so that’s another downside although some tend to not care about that too much.

2 Likes

I would personally use meshparts.

But, this previous post might help you: How to make transparent walls players cameras can't go through?

2 Likes

yeah, PlayerModule → CameraModule → ZoomController → Popper
then search for the canOcclude function and change the transparency value, that should fix it.

Do you know if this script gets changed? usually, also am I able to effect this module with another script?

They are meshparts, I said this in my post above

It does get updated by roblox, that’s the problem with forking the playermodule script, but it’s the only real solution, there’s no settings outside of this to fix it.

Hey, do you think this would work, it would require alot of time, but I don’t care about time at this point.
If I were to put visable block behind the real mesh, then the camera would collilde?

then the camera should stop going through it yeah, you could always troubleshoot the mesh collision problem too I guess, because meshparts SHOULD have collision.

Would you mind if i post a video of the weird collision im talking about?

sorry, I don’t know all too much about how meshes work. Did know that imported models do have wonky collision.

Do you have any idea how I would get the collision to work better? Else I just might go for the time exhaustion one

Nope, not a clue.
(charssssss)

1 Like

Okay thanks, i might look for my self. See if I find anything Helpful

1 Like