Camera going crazy for no reason

I’m trying to create an overhead camera, but it just spazzes out for seemingly no reason? I’m not switching between 2 CFrames, which is what it looks like here. This is the only chunk of code affecting the camera CFrame
ezgif.com-gif-maker (98)

self.Trove = Trove.new()
	self.Trove:Connect(RunService.RenderStepped, function()
		local MouseLocation = UserInputService:GetMouseLocation()

if UserInputService:IsMouseButtonPressed(Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1) then
			if self.LastMouseLocation then
				-- local Delta = self.LastMouseLocation - MouseLocation

-- Camera.CFrame += Camera.CFrame.RightVector * (Delta.X / 2)
				-- Camera.CFrame += Camera.CFrame.UpVector * (-Delta.Y / 2)
			end
		end

self.LastMouseLocation = MouseLocation

local MinCorner = self.MinPoint
		local MaxCorner = self.MaxPoint
		local CameraPosition = Camera.CFrame.Position

Camera.CFrame = CFrame.new(Vector3.new(), Camera.CFrame.RightVector) -- TODO: Why it rotate camera??
			+ Vector3.new(
				math.clamp(CameraPosition.X, MinCorner.X, MaxCorner.X),
				math.clamp(CameraPosition.Y, MinCorner.Y, MaxCorner.Y),
				math.clamp(CameraPosition.Z, MinCorner.Z, MaxCorner.Z)
			)
	end)

I believe its caused by this.

Try to cache it (store in a available) before putting it in the render stepped loop

What do you mean by this? If I set it to LookVector it doesn’t glitch out, but I’m trying to find the correct vector to use, as the camera for some reason flips when its reached its destination

What he means is that first store the Camera.CFrame.RightVector in a variable outside of the RenderStepped function. Then when you disconnect or you’re done with it, just set it to the stored variable.

CFrame.new is deprecated, use CFrame.lookAt instead.

When was it deprecated/can you provide proof? Changing to .lookAt breaks it as well

This is where he found it

CFrame.RightVector is not a constant value. it changes every time RenderStepped runs. each frame it will point to the right of the camera. The version of CFrame.new() you use takes two parameters. 1. a position and 2. a point in space to look at. what you do is each frame you set the cframe to the position (0,0,0), make it look at the RightVector of the camera represented as a Point in space which is why you set the pos to (0,0,0). then you add the original position to return the camera.

tl;dr CFrame.RightVector updates its value every frame