CameraType.Attach Behaviour is Now Malfunctioning/Broken

Hi all,

I believe this has happened since Release 453.
The behaviour of CameraType.Attach always used to make the camera clip behind the focused object and follow the angle the object is facing as it travelled.
However now it doesn’t clip behind the object and it doesn’t follow. It remains in the original orientation.
It also is no longer possible to zoom in or out when Attach is selected.
Mobile functionality is normal.
This is happening in a lot of vehicle simulation games, such as flight simulators and car driving games.

In the image below you can see an instance in where this error is occurring.
The camera should be directly behind the aircraft but it remains in this fixed orientation until the camera type is changed.
The only camera movement the player has is up and down.

In the video below you can see it more clearly. When the player selects the Plane tool the CameraType changes to Attach. The camera should move behind the plane when it is selected.

To reproduce the error you can set CurrentCamera to Enum.CameraType.Attach on any object. It should follow and replicate the angle the object is facing as it moves.

This error also happened recently and was talked about in other threads but I believe it is necessary to create a new thread as the issue had been resolved but is now back. (Attach camera controls broken - #10 by Florian27 Release 447 broke camera controls - #35 by Hippie_ofDoom)

2 Likes

This only seems to be occurring on PC, hopefully the staff can give us an update on this.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve had an issue with shift lock where the camera does not lock onto where the shiftlock cursor is pointed.

2 Likes

Bug appears to have been resolved overnight! Thanks!

4 Likes

I think there’s also an issue with a camera.

I’ve set the cameratype to follow or something like that and I can’t zoom inor zoom out.

I had a paint your car in my game and the camera would place back into a position every time it’d stop moving which made things hard.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.