Can exploiters view mesh Ids?

I use a lot of 3d models for my games and I was wondering if exploiters/hackers can view the mesh Ids. If they can, is there a way to prevent this?

2 Likes

Yes, if the client needs to have the data to display it, they can view it. No, there is no way to prevent it.

5 Likes

The simple answer: yes.

Let’s put it this way: Get a local script(which exploiters use), then execute this code:

print(workspace.Mesh.MeshId)

Now they have the mesh Id.

4 Likes

The only way to protect this is to make your inventory private so that it can not be directly stolen from your profile page, but there is no way to prevent it with an exploit.

1 Like

Correct if I am wrong. I don’t do much mesh work. However can’t they just get a MeshPart on their own game and paste the MeshId that they stole in and then have the model?

1 Like

Yes, they can and it is a very common thing that people do.

1 Like

I can join your game right now, and download your entire map and all local scripts, as that is what the client can see.

1 Like

Meshes are uploaded to roblox when imported, so if given the rbxassetid, you can import them yourself without having the original.

1 Like

Sorry for posting so much on this topic, but also, if you are to showcase a build to someone before receiving payment. Don’t. Screenshare with them, send thousands of pictures, but don’t typically let them into a game to view the build/model before payment is received, as it can be downloaded. You don’t need the meshid to steal it, as you can just download the meshpart with a simple exploit script.

2 Likes

People should be aware that scam artists are a thing and that letting them into your team-create before payment is only going to give them a chance to download a full copy of that work you just did for them.

1 Like