Can I change coregui color?

I want to make a pizza tycoon game(Sandbox), I’m working at the ui design & placement system.
I’m just wondering how can I change the menu Icon & PlayerName Text color into brown.(In order to fit the theme of my ui)
I can’t find where can I change their property or script to change them.

1 Like

Unfortunatly, we can’t edit any element of the CoreGui as normal scripts lack permissions to touch them. But, you could change the transparency of the Topbar or enable/disable core elements, such as the Chat and Backpack.

2 Likes

You could change the color of the topbar with a handmade topbar gui or with a local script in startergui that makes the gui. You will have to make the normal topbar invisible to do this.

I know but it seem that menu & Playername are not editable, I think my UI is not looking well.

No there are not sadly, many feature requests have asked for it though.

Hey! I looked into settings and I found “Show CoreGui in Explorer”. I don’t know if it will work.

Well yes that is a thing but that just shows you the coregui elements in many folders, you can’t really edit it as I’ve tried it before…

I found the PlayerName TextLabel, it allows me to edit it(By hand). I’m not sure it can be changed via localscript or script.

Try to edit it and see if anything changes

It seems that only allows you to edit it when you are testing it.

Bruh, it won’t. Because of security permission.
But it seems that where should be a script that creates playername/menu Icon. I think it could work by editing the script that creates them.

You aren’t able to change any part of the CoreGui. The API exposes methods that you can use to modify, to a certain extent, certain parts of the UI (transparency, visibility and prompts). Otherwise, aside from those, the CoreGui is completely off limits.

If I want to edit them. Can I make another then cover their icons/PlayerName?

No. Developer Guis are not allowed to render over CoreGuis for security reasons.

The only real leeway you have is the topbar. You are able to set its transparency to 1, then create a frame with the size {1, 0, 0, 36} and the optional drop shadow added to the vanilla topbar. It’s still not rendering over the CoreGui, just taking advantage of a CoreGui that allows full transparency.

You could make a custom playerlist, just disable the basic playerlist and code your own.

StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.PlayerList, false)

I know,I’m talking about the icon and playername. They can’t be hidden or edited.

Could you please provide a screenshot of what you mean, sorry I haven’t coded in studio for a while.

Here’s the picture.
I really want to rid of them because there are two different themes on top and bottom.(Because of those coreguis)

Using TopbarEnabled SetCore you can hide most things in the Topbar, unfortunately you cannot hide the Menu button, nor the client’s >13/<13

--// LocalScript, StarterGui 
local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
local Success

while not Success do 
    --// Must pcall it since the CoreScripts need to register it
    Success = pcall(StarterGui.SetCore, StarterGui, "TopbarEnabled", false)
    wait()
end

FYI: You can change the background color of the Chat by returning a dictionary in a bind, binded to the Chat callback OnCreatingChatWindow:

--// LocalScript, ReplicatedFirst
local Chat = game:GetService("Chat")
local Color = Color3.new()

Chat:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
    return {BackGroundColor = Color}
end)
2 Likes