Can i "Create" Accounts?

This is collecting private info there for It is not allowed.

Edit: I 100% guarantee you if you add this you will be banned or deleted. I’ve provided the information that state this isn’t allowed. For more information I’d talk to Moderators because that is their job to know. With that said they will be more responsive with straight up facts. Honestly if you do this you’re logging private information and could be leaked or replicated for evil uses. I hope you take this as a warning before anything happens, from John.

7 Likes

I don’t really think it’s against ToS but the reason I voted that was because:

1. People might think that this would be used as a scam or some sort of hack. People would most likely not play the game and immediately report + Dislike.

2. You aren’t allowed to create any sort of thing where you must enter some sort of password + username which references to ROBLOX characters.

3. This is also pretty much collecting private info like @Strongjohnfgamer Said above.

Suggestions

1. Take away the password part and just make it so they choose their username.

2. Make it very clear that you aren’t trying to take an account and try to make the design more less like something people might think is a scam.

4 Likes

“in attempts to hijack the account”.

that doesn’t answer the question. If @TheTurtleMaster_2 makes it really clear (more clear than his current UI puts it) that this shouldn’t be your Roblox password and that it is only used for the game, does it break the rules - that’s what he’s asking.

My answer here is the same answer anywhere a rule doesn’t fully answer a topic. It is better to be safe than sorry. Maybe it isn’t technically breaking the rules, but moderators aren’t known for the wisest judgement in such matters. I would find another way to do the game.

2 Likes

You are sharing private information there for it falls under that category. I added more information on why it is delete-able. Remember Roblox doesn’t write their TOS word for word sometimes you just have to use common knowledge.

2 Likes

I don’t see a reason to have this. I’d honestly advise against the risks for a feature with little uses.

3 Likes

this could be MAYBE implemented where it wouldnt be against TOS but with this being added personally wouldn’t bother risking it

4 Likes

@TheTurtleMaster_2
I am assuming you want to have a player be able to have multiple unique existences for something

• It can be done by just attaching it to their user and have place holders for the password that will more or less represents the idea that a password was used but accepts no input.
    Effectively making it only a Username choice.
    They use the username to pick which one to log into, the credentials being their actual account connected to your game.
  • Or you can use input choices that limit the ability for them to put in actual personal info. Such as having them choose predetermined words to mush together for a user and a symbol based keypad that doesn’t correlate to standard keys for the password. Perhaps regular geometry (circle, triangle, square, etc)

the second option would allow for accounts to be independent of players and possibly shared, willingly or unwillingly between people, but it all comes down to design. you can always anchor it to their Roblox account.

You will want to clearly show it has nothing to do with Roblox. Explicit fine print is always a good option.

2 Likes

It is generally bad game design to ask a user to sign into your game after they have already signed into Roblox. Players may be discouraged to play your game because they may not want to take the time to create an account with log in details. Why do you want people to sign into your game because I can’t think on any use case?

Asking players to sign into your game can be very risky because they could and will most likely use their Roblox password and username as their log in details. Even if you put it as clear and in the face as possible not to use their Roblox passwords and username players still will. This would then put your game under review because you are collecting players log in details, possibly their Roblox log in details, and maybe private information of the player.

You should be very careful making a system like this and I strongly advise against it because I can almost guarantee your game will be put under review. Lots of scam games make you sign into them so Roblox moderators may think it is another scam game.

3 Likes

I said players will not add they’r real password. They will create a new one only for my game.

I don’t think he is trying to collect private info. I think he is trying to make it so players can create / log-in to an account that they made on the game.

2 Likes

Much developers said it needs to be only username, but the problem is i create this so you can develop you’r “games” from multiple accounts.

If it is only username i will simply abandom this idea.

Also, I think you should tell the player not to use their roblox password when signing up.

Yes, @DragRacer31 reached my idea.

1 Like

i said it in the GUI. And, if the username is the player’s name it will not work.

1 Like

You don’t need to ask for a password, you can associate the in-game username with the Roblox UserId. If the player is somebody else then it’s not their account.

2 Likes

Still even as that might be It is personal information and It is not allowed to be logged.

There isn’t really a need to create a login system when you can just save data to the current player’s account and use different organisation strategies to accomplish what differing accounts would accomplish. If you’re locking a certain utility for extra security such as an admin review page, even then you’d only really need a password box and you can use the user’s existing information (UserId) as their identity.

4 Likes

I created this topic and sistem only so a person can get into they’r accounts by saying the password and username from diferent accounts.

There is no need for this and It’s still collecting private information because users are putting in their passwords even if It’s made up. That violates COPA and he could get in legal trouble too.

1 Like

If you want multiple players to be able to access a certain in-game profile then you can have the first one grant permissions to the other ones through some interface within the game rather than having them manually communicate some password.