Can I have a mailing with players of my game?

Is it possible (and allowed) to email my players, about version updates of my game?
I think this is interesting to attract the player back to the game if they know about new features or bugs fixed in new versions…

I do not think this is allowed maybe if you made a external website then yes but I dont think directly from roblox is allowed

1 Like

The game updates feature was created for this purpose, though I also often forget about it.

You’ll have quite a small fraction of your players go to an external site and give you an email address. Depending on your target audience they may not even be the demographic to use email much.

2 Likes

You are not allowed on roblox, because it could be considered of have someones personal information, but on another website/game then go ahead.

1 Like

Are you talking about this? Game Update Notifications

No. This is strongly against TOS as it is using a third-party application. This poses a security issue to both you and them.

1 Like

Yes exactly. That feature was created so that you had a way to inform all users who want to receive notifications from your game that a new update is out, or some other form of info about the game.

Much safer for players than asking them to go off-site and give you personal information, and you also don’t have to worry about only getting those over 13 years of age.

1 Like

Just to add, I don’t think email is as effective as using social media to reach your community. I would use what Roblox provides to link to Twitter, YouTube, and Discord and get followers on those platforms.

2 Likes