Can I hire myself out as song maker

Hello, I have recently made a little song, and I was curious if I could hire myself with it

The song:
Click this to go to the song!

Edit: im working hard on my own song using different programs.

4 Likes

What I can get out of what you are asking you want to try to be hired to make songs for people on roblox?

4 Likes

Is it good enough? Its my first song

1 Like

It’s awesome. If you want people to hire you to make music make a portfolio #collaboration:portfolios

2 Likes

If you consider hiring me :slight_smile: /\ Portfolio /\ music maker /\

the track is fine, my concern tho is that you’re already putting yourself up for hire. i’m not aware of the software being used, but if you’re using pre made loops n sounds i highly suggest waiting until you learn more about the basics. (also using a mobile software is gonna get you nowhere) all developers that hire people to make music want originality, that’s why games i’ve made music for all are original. (some stuff i’ve done if you’re interested Lucid Lava - Lobby (2021 OST Version - Outdated) - YouTube) original music stands out, shows how the composer/producer can adapt to the developer’s wants, etc. if you don’t know the basics, (mixing n mastering, sound design, music theory, etc) then i highly suggest you don’t put yourself up for hire as you probably won’t know enough to accustom the contractor’s wants. i’ve probably made more than 50 tracks, yet i still haven’t put myself up for hire. it would be best for you to just wait until you learn more and then put yourself up for hire.

Well there is nothing stopping you to making a portfolio. If you are asking my honest opinion of whether or not you are likely to get hired. probably not simply because the fact that if you want to get hired as a song writer you need to compete with the music and audio that is already in the library. Roblox has already made a bunch of decent sounding music and I highly doubt people would pay for music like that.

It’s not a good idea for you to get hired, considering the fact that’s your first song.

Although I’m not a composer myself, just take the time to learn and practice.

Edit: I like your song by the way!

If you want me to be honest, then most likely you won’t be hired since you used pre-made loops and other sounds, and also keep in mind that it’s your first song so I don’t understand why you want to be hired with literally almost no experience that’s just like creating your first hello world script on Roblox and wanting to be hired, it’s just not gonna happen.

Even after 2 years on Roblox myself as a scripter I still don’t work for anyone (I did just a little but I felt like that I am not good enough yet). So I would strongly suggest that you practice a lot by making songs from scratch instead of thinking about getting hired. Anyways, I wish you good luck!

1 Like

Thank you for this reply! I’m trying like every single section, but none has success for me :slightly_frowning_face: I tried learning scripting (maybe you can help me how) I tried translating to dutch, gfx and of course this one.

It might be hard at first but it will become easier as you practice. My first few months of scripting were difficult but now everything is a lot easier, and there will be always some sort of challenges to overcome like me still not getting the Datastores right.

There are so many areas in game development that you can choose from that I am pretty sure that at some point you will find the right one for yourself.

you could probably sell it. as one of the more experienced and well known composers on roblox, I would say around 100 - 200 robux. It is best to make your own beats, rather than mixing premade ones. you could definitely sell this though.
Hope this helps,
Colton.

1 Like

hell no. if i was a dev, unless i was an idiot, i wouldn’t pay for free pre made loops. i’d rather get something in roblox’s sound library.

fortunately there are enough of those to go around

Wow I like your masterpiece. I would hire you if I had a team!

Suggestion

You can make your own beats instead of combining someone else’s beats.

Well 100-200 Robux is very cheap, just taking the time to mix free beats would we worth more than 1 usd.

the title makes me confused

you hire your self you pay your self

putting together presets with no big idea of what you’re doing isn’t worth $1+. especially when you can get even better quality music for free.

I have bought fl studio mobile now, and imma work on it.

I have made my first real track using fl studio mobile (bought it because of the critque of everyone) imma post it in like 8 minutes.