Can i load datastore from one of my games into another?

What im trying to do, is have a teleporter to a separate game in my RPG game. That other game is just a storytelling obby. However i want the player to get some kind of achievment or inventory item on the original RPG game, when he completes that separate obby game. I am using datastore2 for inventory system.
How can i achieve this?

P.S. Im good at scripting so i don’t need a full script, just an idea

From what I heard, this may not be possible. (I may be wrong though)

A possible solution is to award the player a badge, then in the main game check if they have the badge

1 Like

Better to use an external database for cross-game communication

Badges could work if you really wanted it too, but keep in mind players can delete badges from their inventory and overall it’d just be better to use an external database

1 Like

You can try using TeleportService when the obby is finished to teleport back. Read more: TeleportService,TeleportAsync.
With TeleportAsync you can optional set data via TeleportOptions. that the other Place can read, for example, that the player finished the obby.

local TeleportOptions = Instance.new("TeleportOptions")
		TeleportOptions.ShouldReserveServer = true
		TeleportOptions:SetTeleportData({
           ComeFrom = game.PlaceId,
			ObbyFinished = true
		})

If you just Teleport between Places in your game you can easialy get the Data as always (with the normal datastore).

You can move the obby game to your main game as a Place. Then, you can use datastore as usual.

Yeah I said that in the 4th Post already

1 Like