Can I make a ragdoll but controllable player? Help!

Hi, any idea on how to make this?

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to create a permanent ragdoll system on players, but still let them move and jump (while they stay ragdoll).
    Here is how I want to achieve it: https://gyazo.com/7600e6d5a19e4399f491e6dd1f603635

2. What is the issue? I’m fine with the ragdoll part, but I can’t figure out how to make them move.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I looked around in the dev forum but couldn’t find anything that helps.

Thank you, have a good day.

I would try to create a clone of the character, turn that clone into a ragDoll, and weld it to player’s HRP, then hide the original player’s character, so they can still use their HRP from their characters to move/walk/jump

1 Like

Thank you, I tried to do that, but I prefer to use the original character, ‘cause I want that if he jumps, when he falls he can find himself upside down, on his stomach. I want them to be completely free in their movements

I think your request is not clear enough.
What method are you using to turn the player into ragmode?

https://gyazo.com/7600e6d5a19e4399f491e6dd1f603635 This is what I want to achieve, do you need my ragdoll script?

That player is able to jump?

I still think the approach I suggested would work like that video, that could be a clone of the character, welded to the HRP, the original character is not visible, and when players walks is pulling that ragdoll character along with it.

I was asking your method to turn the player into a ragdoll, cause most of them would use a Enum.HumanoidStateType, like Physics, and in most of those methods, the player would be unable to walk.

Another approach could be, turn the player into ragdoll then by using MoverConstraints, give the player the chance to control the character

This seems interesting, I’m not that good with constraints, tho. Can you help me please? :sweat_smile:

You can disable the Root weld. This will separate the HumanoidRootPart (what the player controls) from the player’s torso and other limbs. Then, you can replace it with a ball socket constraint or something else.

1 Like

Try using legacy body movers.

(dnc if anyone says they’re deprecated, they’re :goat:)

1 Like

I never used them, may you teach me?

I love bodyMovers, for me they are easy to handle and Im more used to them… But evertime I mention BodyMovers, ppl tell me are depracated, so

BodyMovers (deprecated…)
MoverConstraints (New BodyMovers…)

This is a good idea too

They’re pretty simple to work with.
You parent the bodymover to the BasePart you want to influence; for manipulating characters, you’ll want their HumanoidRootPart to have the bodymover(s).
Fyi, P is Power and D means Dampening.

Can you show me a video on how do do it? Sorry :sweat_smile::sob:

You could try a ball socket constraint.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.