Can we simulate the liquid physic in Roblox Engine?

Now, Roblox can simulate the solid objects’s physic in 3D world and even can simulate the surface of some material like metal,neon,plastic,etc…
But, I never seen the Roblox Engine have this feature. Maybe, It consume a lot of memorys and cause lag.
After all, I really curious about it and want you guys answer about it.

9 Likes

What you wanted to do with that feature? There may be another way to accomplish it. EDIT: this feature may come in future when roblox gets even more players.

3 Likes

I not really know, but I don’t need it now. May be, there is some game might need this, I guess.

1 Like

you might have to be more specific, but in terms of the forces acting due to liquids and on liquids yes you can simulate them.

EDIT: If you want to actually simulate water as seen in programs like Blender or Maya whereby particles itself are being simulated that’d be performance heavy I’d think but it’s also possible just not with the particle emitter instance due to it’s limitations, you may need just basic newtonian physics to accomplish this and numerical integration techniques like verlets method or eulers method.

2 Likes

Water doesn’t fall, it just floats. Yes, you can make water with these features. Unfortunately, water is intended for decoration. You can me water fall but it requires writing voxels, water has limitation (I believe) on water such as size so the final product is clunky and big. If you really want to do that then I suggest you look at this and this.

3 Likes

No real fluid simulation yet. Terrain based waterfalls allow the player to float upwards. There are only theatrical tricks right now, like moving a raft along an invisible path and filling the “river” with particles.

2 Likes

I found this method on reddit.
You place a part and make sure the shape is a sphere.
Insert a particle emitter.
Change it to where the particles looks like water.
Then change the acceleration to 0,-20,0
Then you got your water simulation.

Warning, this can cause lag spikes if there are too many parts with particle emitters.

2 Likes

This one look promise, but maybe it can make lot of lag.

I found this pretty epic fluid game

OK This is pretty epic

4 Likes

i found this model that can simulate water terrain water - Roblox

4 Likes

dont know if that exactly what ur looking for

1 Like

Ive created a post on this topic and i think it might help.

1 Like