Can you create a decal via a script, or can you export a UI element to your computer?

Hello!

I am trying to create some decals from Studio for items which are available to be purchased and worn in-game. The problem is that there are hundreds of items and I don’t want to create all of the icons individually. I tried searching around and I couldn’t find anything regarding this, however I believe some developers use it for their items in-game (Such as Coeptus). All of the icons are perfectly aligned and seem to be exported via a viewport frame or something of the like. The quality seems to be almost identical amongst images as well. Also considering I assume he doesn’t create all of the icons individually. My question is: is it possible to create a decal via a script by exporting a UI element, either to Roblox itself or to my computer?

I also did some digging around the services and API and found a few asset-related services but I still haven’t found anything to help. I do have a proxy if I have to use my cookie though.

Hey 7z99! You’re in luck, because there is a way! Thanks to ExcessEnergy who figured this out, you can use this script in the Python programming language to achieve exactly what you’re looking for.

Unfortunately, Roblox does not allow games to access APIs from their own website, to prevent hackers from using this to attack their own servers. However, absolutely any programming language you can think of has the capability to use APIs on the internet. This example uses the Python programming language. You’ll need to create a server if you want your own Roblox game to do this for you. If you need anymore help, you can talk to me!

3 Likes

Thanks for that! I have a proxy with JS if you’re able to help with that? If not I can definitely switch over to Python but I have no experience with that.

I recommend you stay with Node.js (which I assume is what you’re using) because you’ll know how to tweak it to your likings on your own. However, I have no experience with Node.js, but if you know how to make HTTP requests, then I may be able to help you with the API part.

1 Like

Sure. I’ll send a message on here if that’s alright? I have discord as well if you prefer that.

That’s fine too. MmBaguette#1484.

1 Like

Sent a friend request. I’m cody.#9999