Can you make a large scale map for roblox in blender?

HEY! I just wanted to ask if you can make a large scale map for roblox studio in Blender?
Since I wag planning on making a costume texture for a map but Roblox doesn’t support that. So is it possible to make a Map bigger than most maps in roblox? what I meant is that I wanted to make a really big country, 4 of them actually 4 different countries in one map in roblox studio. The problem is that I wanted the map to be texturized rather than using normal roblox studio editng tools and I don’t know if I could make a map really big like BIG2

for reference:

but I wanted to texturize to have a anime like poly/design SOOOO.

Is it possible to make this kind of thing on blender?

4 Likes

Yes it’s possible, but you’d have to import multiple things as roblox (idk if this is still true) only allows 10k triangles. Or maybe its 100k. An aside from that you would also have collision issues so you would have to import to avoid that. By collision issues I mean things like character not being able to walk through a door or standing on air type stuff. Other than that yeah its pretty much possible.

1 Like

How do I fix this? I wanted to make it like this

yes this is genshin, I like the polly and that’s what kind of map I’m trying to make
NOT that big but just big
and 4 of them is it possible to fix the player not being able to walk there or?

3 Likes

A friend told me we can cover a map with pbr if its made on blender but I was not sure if it would be possible, since roblox studio doesn’t support the texturizing your own map.

Wait, can I texturize my terrain in roblox studio perhaps?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say its impossible you might just have to work around with a lot of tricks. It might be more difficult, but you could also try using this Upload Custom Materials in the New Material Service Beta - Updates / Announcements - DevForum | Roblox

Might make it easier to work with custom maps and such. I don’t personally have experience making full out maps in blender only solid modelling. So can’t say for sure how hard/easy it would be to properly have a map. Maybe start with something small like a house and work around collisions to see the extent of what you need to do.

1 Like

Probably you should export parts because exporting the whole map according to that picture looks a lot of vertices and studio can’t accept more than 20000 so you should export it in parts

1 Like

yes already in mind to do it 1b1 :smiley:

ok thx I will keep this in mind thx again.

1 Like

but Is it possible for the land though?
like the actual terrain?

like this perhaps, if I wanted it to have more of a anime design?

HERE! I found a good reference of what I’m trying to say.

the way the texture here, yes this is anime legends. Its smooth and all I kind want the same exact kind? or better if possible.

Looks nice but try to smooth try to make it smoother

no, no this is not mine I just got it for a reference.