"Cannot load the AnimationClipProvider Service."

Whenever my character dies, or resets, an error pops up in the console saying “Cannot load the AnimationClipProvider Service.” And whenever I click on the error it sends me to local IdleAnimation = Humanoid:LoadAnimation(Config.Animations.IdleAnimation) in my code.

Someone said in another post that this happens when the humanoid isn’t loaded in, but I have a wait on both the character and the humanoid.

local Player = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
local Character = Player.Character or Player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local Humanoid = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

How do I fix this?

5 Likes

Character is not parented to workspace.

1 Like
local Character = Player.CharacterAppearanceLoaded:Wait()

Did you try this?

1 Like

Nope, that doesn’t work either, unless I did something wrong

repeat task.wait() until Character.Parent == game:GetService("Workspace")

I have not, but I just did. That doesn’t work either.

Instead of using a Humanoid to load an Animation, try using the Animator. It is parented under the Humanoid.

1 Like

Speaking of the Animator, that was a while ago. Here’s the documentation.

Doesn’t work either, unless, (once again) I am doing something wrong.

repeat task.wait() until Character.Parent == game:GetService("Workspace")

local Animator = Humanoid:FindFirstChildOfClass("Animator")

local IdleAnimation = Animator:LoadAnimation(Config.Animations.IdleAnimation)
local DownAnimation = Animator:LoadAnimation(Config.Animations.DownAnimation)
local FireAnimation = Animator:LoadAnimation(Config.Animations.FireAnimation)
local ReloadAnimation = Animator:LoadAnimation(Config.Animations.ReloadAnimation)

I should mention that I’m not getting an error in the console anymore, but instead, the animations just aren’t loading.

This usually happens when loading an animation for the first time when the game has loaded. Try loading it a second time. To prevent this from happening, use ContentProvider:PreloadAsync to load animations beforehand.

I see, and how would I go about doing this, if you don’t mind me asking? I have never used the ContentProvider service before.

To be honest, I haven’t used it much either, but I know the first parameter used is an array to load the objects, e.g a Folder. It’s commonly used client-side. Did playing the animation track a second time work?

Edit: Not loading it, I mean playing it.

I have the script in a tool, so it should be playing every time I respawn.

Where are all the game animations placed? If it’s in ReplicatedStorage, then try to pre-load them client-sided (I highly recommend placing them there)

-- client side
local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local ContentProvider = game:GetService("ContentProvider")

local Animations = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("AnimationFolder")
local AnimationTable = Animations:GetChildren()

ContentProvider:PreloadAsync(AnimationTable)

It’s also useful to do this BEFORE the animations are used (just learnt this rn lol)

I have my animations placed in a config folder of the tool for easy editing

Would it be better to create animations in the script itself and have NumberValues dictate the AnimationID?

That would not be a good idea.

Where is the tool parented btw? You could even load the tool with the animations themselves before it being used.

This is a gun kit I made, so for now, the StarterPack for testing.
However, if I were to do something with these guns in a game, they could be parented to ServerStorage to hold them for a shop, or round start, or whatever it could be for.

I’m pretty sure this is a recent bug, since my game started doing this error lately, while it was fine about a few weeks ago.

Roblox trying not to break (impossible)

1 Like

It definitely isn’t recent if it is a bug, because it’s been happening for a while.

1 Like

Well, I don’t really know anymore. If it’s a bug, it should get fixed (hopefully) soon.

Maybe parent the tool under ReplicatedStorage and load it there.
I gtg now, good luck

Well, it just started happening to me. I even checked if there was an animator inside the character because exploiters can just delete it but it still didn’t fix it. Judging on how Roblox had a recent glitch that would completely break your animator and not play any animations, I think they’re trial and erroring right now.