Cannot load the AnimationClipProvider Service

Why do the animations use :Play and :Stop in the same line?

cause I want to load them when the player spawns in so there’s no delay when loading them for the first time

It does work tho, but like I said on the topic when I respawn it returns “Cannot load the AnimationClipProvider Service” and I don’t think it’s that line’s fault

You could try this:

Humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
	if GunUI then
		GunUI:Destroy()
		GunUI = nil
	end
	holdingfire = false
	equipped = false
	reloading = false
	canfire = false
	for _, animation in ipairs(allanimations) do
		animation:Stop()
	end

task.wait(game:GetService("Players").RespawnTime + .25)

loadidle = animator:LoadAnimation(idleanim) loadidle:Play()  loadidle:Stop()
loadfire = animator:LoadAnimation(fireanim) loadfire:Play() loadfire:Stop()
loadreload = animator:LoadAnimation(reloadanim) loadreload:Play() loadreload:Stop()

end)

It still doesnt work. do you know what might be causing the AnimationClipProvider error in the first place? (can’t get animation, can’t get character, etc.)

Could i see how the instance hierarchy looks? (the layout of the tool’s children.)

here you go

1. Try checking where if the animations are still in the players backpack after they die. (Players > “Player’s Name” > Backpack)

2. Maybe try placing the animations into ReplicatedStorage and referencing them there.

perhaps I can do

repeat
	wait()
until tool:FindFirstChild("Animations")

?

You could try:

repeat
	wait()
until Player.Backpack[“Tool Name”]:FindFirstChild("Animations")

ok, so i checked. I basically did this:

if animator and idleanim then
	loadidle = animator:LoadAnimation(idleanim)
elseif not animator then
	print("Cant get animator")
elseif not idleanim then
	print("Cant get animation")
else
	print("Unknown")
end

So basically roblox just couldn’t load it for some reason because it didnt return anything but the animationclipprovider error

oh i see, i assume its working now, correct?

Nope, still not working. I still don’t understand why. I don’t know if it a roblox’s thing or my fault. I went to my older game that has the same method of loading animation and it works fine

So i did some research and i found out you can try using :PreSimulation (Which is the new :Stepped) before loading the animations like so: game:GetService('RunService').PreSimulation:Wait()

(Heres the post i used for reference btw: How to fix the "Cannot load the AnimationClipProvider Service." error)

Yup, works like a charm! Thank you for helping me for 3 days lol

Edit, nvm it doesn’t really fixes it all of the time but it does reduce a significant chance of error

1 Like

glad i could help, hopefully you’ll be able to completely fix the bug.

1 Like

I mean… it’s alright(?) cause the player will only will be given the weapon like once, but hey, never know when I’m gonna need em

Now im not sure if this will work, but i just found out about the ContentProvider Service, You can try preloading the animations like this:

local ContentProvider = game:GetService("ContentProvider")

local idleanim = script.Parent.Animations:WaitForChild("Idle")
local fireanim = script.Parent.Animations:WaitForChild("Fire")
local reloadanim = script.Parent.Animations:WaitForChild("Reload")

local Animations = { idleanim, fireanim, reloadanim }

ContentProvider:PreloadAsync(Animations)

-- Load Animations

Nah, same thing. Still not loading

ok, just wanted to know if it worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.