Cannot open game without 'not reponding'

Hello,

So last night a bug started after my Studio updated, I can no longer open a game without it going “not responding”. I can launch Studio and navigate the My Games page, but the I click to load a game, it begins to load and then goes “not responding”.

I have tried reinstalling ROBLOX three times, I’ve tried rebooting before reinstalling, after reinstalling, etc.

My laptop:
Macbook Air (2015)
MacOS Catalina 10.15

It’s really frustrating, maybe there is a fix I’m not aware of? I tried to research it a bit and every remedy I tried it did not help.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Max

11 Likes

This is also happening to me! :anguished:

4 Likes

Having the same problem here. Tried reinstalling,everything i could think of,only to open up a new place i made to go “not responding”. The only “solution” i found is to use the avatar evolution build,then studio opens and works as expected. I have no idea what is causing this,and had already this problem happen to me on some previous builds of Studio.

2 Likes

As an initial step could you try disabling all plugins before loading your place.
If the problem persists could you please try generating some crash dump files for us to examine (Generate a kernel or complete crash dump - Windows Client | Microsoft Learn) and PMing them to me directly. Feel free too also contact me directly if you are having trouble generating the dump files.
EDIT: the dump generation is windows only

If everyone in the thread commenting with the same issue could list their os version, that would be helpful to us.

3 Likes

Try going on Roblox Studio and then navigate this:

File > Settings

Then once you are in settings, click the first option and reset all settings. Do that for all options and disable all plugins before loading your place.

If this still doesn’t work, take a look at @PoshKiwi 's post.

Yeah I did that and it’s still having the same issues unfortunately…

I cannot get far enough to disable my plugins in studio, crashes before I can, unless I can do it from the My Games page?

Maybe delete all of your plugins from the Roblox website, go to your inventory.

you should be able to do it from the My Games page. File->Advanced->Manage Plugins.

4 Likes

Thank you! Disabling all my plugins solved the issue.

2 Likes

Can you re-enable them one-by-one until you find which plugin froze Studio & link it here? There may still be a bug that caused this behavior in the plugin.

3 Likes

It looks to be this one: https://www.roblox.com/library/439617715/FIXED-Import-Character-Plugin

1 Like

Can confirm,disabling the plugins i had fixed my issue.

2 Likes

A post was moved out for being off-topic.

Did some experimenting and found that this is caused by or related to this issue:

The plugin linked in this thread requires an external module uploaded to Roblox that returns PluginManager():CreatePlugin().

Set up similarly to this:
RequirePlugin.rbxmx (1.6 KB)

1 Like

Not sure if this thread is being monitored or something,but there is a plugin that i installed that cause my studio to crash on startup.Its this one: https://www.roblox.com/library/2624213415/Nightrainss-Building-Plugin
When i installed,it caused any instance of studio that i was running to crash,and even after i tried to open new ones.Not sure if this is only limited to me,but i though it was worth reporting it at least.

I apologise for bumping the topic due to it’s inactivity but better this than a new topic.
I’ve been having this same issue for, well, years. Followed to above advice fixed it.

Slowly started readding them, closing the application after each one,
No specific plugin seems to have caused the issue as closing and readding all of them has solved the issue.

I’m not sure why this is the case, whether there is some hidden cost the longer you have had plugins enabled (?) but thought it worth reporting it.

1 Like

I can confirm that this is still happening to me as well, instead of just doing it when it opens a place or game, it says “not responding” when I try to insert a small model, audio, texture, or anything like that. Is there any reason as to why it has to excessively crash over the smallest thing? I can understand when It’s something like a large model, but something as small as a short audio clip? A picture? Or a small model that doesn’t include many scripts? This is an issue

I have never installed a plugin and it isn’t responding?

2 Likes

Do not bump old solved threads, file a new bug report.