Cannot use CTRL+(1,2,3,4) to select tools

Thanks to an update (as usual with no warning and no opt-out), I have a stumped workflow in the middle of building a map that I am already giving up on because I have spent over 3 weeks on it. Needless to say this is probably the nail in the coffin.

In my usual workflow when I build, I save probably hours worth of time by using the CTRL+(1,2,3,4) hotkeys to select tools that would otherwise take up time by adjusting my hands to move the mouse to CLICK MANUALLY on each tool in the toolbox (not to mention the extra second and a half to change the tab from Avatar to Model and etc. if the tab is changed). NOW it won’t do it anymore. I cannot explain how essential this feature is for proper workflow. Not having this, I REFUSE to build. It’s painful.

Visual Aids: I can’t show the hotkey trying to be used

Direct Links: N/A

System Information:
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7 - 1165G7 @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 16GB
GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Beta Features: THE NEW AND UNPRECEDENTED UPDATE

1 Like

This is the best I can do for a video representation

Read the latest announcement:
Dragger QoL Improvements Enabled by Default

It states:

• Selecting the Draggers uses just 1/2/3/4 instead of Ctrl+1/2/3/4 You can change the shortcuts back in File → Advanced → Customize shortcuts… if you’d rather keep including Ctrl.

Thank you, lifesaver. I didn’t have time to check for anything.

1 Like

Hehe, no worries. Now you just have to retrain your fingers not to hit the CTRL key.

I actually like some of the new features like being able to drag a group of Parts against another Part and have it align perfectly.
I don’t like the randomness of using the Move tool on a Part and have the Increments bounce all over trying to align the parts to all the edges involved though.

1 Like

I actually disabled the feature because I’m so used to doing it lol