Can't Change Post Category When Original Category Is Bulletin Board

So i accidentally posted a Forum Feedback post on Bulletin Board the other day and tried to move it but could not. I feel this needs to be fixed just in case.

1 Like

This limitation may or may not be in place because posts moved out of Bulletin Board aren’t automatically unlocked. From what I remember, this is a limitation is because of how Discourse is designed, but I could be wrong.

Okay, thanks! I think i understand it a bit better now.

flag your topic in the “other” category and say something like: I put this into the wrong category, can you please delete this?

1 Like

try again because I have found myself in a similar situation and they deleted it for me.

did you get any dm’s from staff? go check your dm’s.

Have you ever gotten a Dm from any staff in your life? If so, then reply to them and ask them to delete it.

try contacting a staff member and personally telling them your situation

try messaging TaipanVII, He is the one who took care of my deleted posts.

just try messaging him again, maybe he will do it.

through the one that you already have.

Ask a moderator such as @TheNexusAvenger who can be found on the second reply. Mods can move it for you. Also why did this post suddenly blow up four months later?

There are also other mods if he doesn’t respond. Maybe pm them all or flag your post and just copy-paste it into another category.

tl;dr no

1 Like

This is intentional because these categories have lock timers or other special restrictions. Moving a post does not remove the lock timer, and posts in Bulletin Board should not be moved out.

2 Likes