Can't create a badge

Hello!

I keep trying to create a badge, but I keep encountering the same issue every time.

Here’s the issue:

I have tried changing the name, the description, the icon and even disconnected and reconnected to WiFi, reset my WiFi from the box, and I’ve also tried making it on different days (same error for around 4 days). I’ve even tried using a different browser and I’m still encountering this problem.

I’m not sure if there’s a limit on the free badges, I’ve currently uploaded 10 free ones and I haven’t read anywhere about there being a limit on how many badges we can have.

Is this a Roblox issue or is something wrong on my end? Thanks!

EDIT: I managed to get a friend to upload the badge, but I’m still confused as to why I can’t create a badge. I’m able to create developer products and gamepasses, but not badges?

1 Like

Try putting no numbers in your description, for some reason roblox hates numbers in descriptions and titles (atleast for me), if that doesn’t work on the bottom of the screenshot you attached it does say that “the first 5 badge creations are free” and any other badge will cost 100 robux.

2 Likes

Just want to clarify really quick that the note on the Badge Creation page isn’t completely accurate at the moment and it’s supposed to say that every 24 hours, the first 5 newly created badges for a game / experience are free.

2 Likes

I removed the number and I’m still having the same issue. Also, the first 5 per day are free so I don’t think that’s the issue, also it should prompt me to buy a badge for 100 Robux if I ran out of free badges. Thank you for your help though!

1 Like

Oh, could be something on roblox’s end then? I was having issues with the platform a second ago, I haven’t created a badge in a while so i’m not sure.

2 Likes

Same here, maybe it could be on roblox’s end but I’m not too sure. I tried making a badge on another game (test game) with the same image and description and ran into the same issue.

1 Like

@CoffeeBurg3r

Hi, my team owns Badges. To clarify, a few of you are unable to create any Badges? Are these group owned games? Have you set up your permissions for the experience correctly?

2 Likes

Hi All, let me know if you are still having issues creating Badges. We have been working on the operations of the Badges services heavily and are not aware of any issues. If you do find issues, ideally, can you file a bug report on DevForum. If I don’t hear anything from you guys, I’ll assume the issue is resolved.

2 Likes

Hey! Very sorry for the late reply, been very busy this week and haven’t been able to check the developer forum. I’m trying to upload the badges to a group, which is owned by me. I just tried to upload a badge and it worked so the issue, for me, has been resolved. The only thing is, before it was resolved, I couldn’t upload a badge from my main PC (which is what I just tried and it has worked) but my friend was able to when I let him upload badges with a certain group role, and I was able to upload a badge from my phone, so I’m not too sure if this is a Roblox issue or an issue on my end. Thank you for your help though!

Issue is resolved but if I have any future issues with them I’ll be sure to post it on here.

1 Like

Ok, let us know if you have further Badges issues. There is renewed interest in the product given its important to The Hunt as well as clear developer interest, so we are allocating more resources to maintain and enhance it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.