Can't create a new project when "Plugin Debugging Enabled" is ON

Reproduction Steps

1) Put some plugin script inside C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Roblox\Plugins (with any error that will force Studio to stop the script)
2) In Studio Settings, turn on Plugin Debugging Enabled option

1. Close Studio and open it
  2. Create a new project

Expected Behavior

The new project should be opened normally

Actual Behavior

The plugin script inside C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local\Roblox\Plugins is being auto-executed after creating the new project.
Due to the script error, it will stop on the error line:

And, due to another bug I already related…

… I can’t go on with the new project.

Workaround

I have to disable the Plugin Debugging option on Studio settings.
But even disabling it, when opening a new project, Studio still creates an error and also opens some other script window:

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

Hi rogeriodec_games,
We are investigating the issue that you have linked to. In the meantime, it looks like the error output you are getting is due to an existing user plugin in your local plugins folder executing, then hitting an error. The solution I would suggest to remove this local plugin from the local plugins folder so it doesn’t run automatically. You can find the local plugins folder by adding a Script in any place, right-clicking the script in the explorer, and choosing “Save As Local Plugin…” . The folder that pops up should be where the plugin with the error is running from.
Please respond to this thread with any updates or additional questions.

That’s what I’ve described.

I know that, therefore I mentioned the original path in the op.

This is not the solution, this is a workaround.
And, AFAIK, the plugin scripts inside C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Roblox\Plugins shouldn’t be auto executed.

As explained here:

… the plugins must be auto-executed because they need to create its buttons first. So I need to split my plugin to avoid the error described in this topic.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.