Can't Load Published Place - Terrain attempting to change parents

I tried to open a place in Roblox Studio, and I got this error message:

Today is the first time I have seen anything like this, and I have no clue about how to fix it. It happened when I was in a place, went to the places folder in the asset manager, and tried to open the place from there.

(Sorry if I put this post in the wrong category)

When attempting to load a place through the website I’m getting the error 'Unable to change Terrain’s parent. Workspace already has Terrain"

It only happens when opening a place through the website but it works fine through studio.

It seems to be happening everywhere, another person I know is having the same issue. It also just started happening today.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Navigate to the page of a place on the website, click the hamburger icon, and then click edit.
  2. When attempting to load the place it will decide to stop loading it and throw the error, redirecting you back to the studio’s home page. Sometimes it even just shuts down.

Same to me, 100% of the times this happens.

Edit: I tested with all my games and this happens everytime.

Another Edit: @Scriptos at me Every game (group,user,uncopy-locked) are having these issues

This is the exact same issue that is happening to me. Seems like an issue for many people. Everytime I try to open a place, both from in game and on the website I get this error.

I’m currently having this same issue - I can’t load any of my own places, but group-owned places work just fine.

Edit: Never mind, it appears that only team create one group place is working for me, everything else is broken.

Edit: @TheTurtleMaster_2 : Are you able to load team-create games? All team create enabled places are working for me (which is why I thought groups were working), but nothing else.

1 Like

No, please read the guidelines, it doesn’t apply to development workflow issues, only platform issues.

2 Likes

It kinda does tho, since if there was a game breaking bug in one of our games we cant fix it becuase we cant load up the game. Anyways, this has happened to my group games.

1 Like

Sorry if I’m wrong, but it says:

A critical bug must satisfy at least one of the following criteria

And it is satisfy this one:

The issue causes crashes or fatal errors halting all meaningful functionality

And then the most important one:

Studio or in-game or on the website, that reproduces 100% of the time

This is why I said that.

Edit: This is not only a game, at 99% of the games of roblox are happening this.

1 Like

Still a nope because 1 game =/= a significant amount of Roblox games. Please read!

5 Likes

Yeah I’m unable to load any game that has terrain in it.

EDIT: I cannot open ANY game from the Create - Roblox page actually.

If I click on “Edit” and click “Open Roblox” I will get this error:

But once I click “OK” I can then load any one of my games with ease, even with terrain.

If you can get through to the page that displays your games in studio, try loading from there. Works for me!

Can comfirm.

I thought I was the only one. I’ve even restarted my computer and re-installed studio, no luck.

The thing is, I have absolutely no terrain in my game.

Team create seems to work fine?

1 Like

The thing is though, my game does not have any smooth terrain.

1 Like

I can’t even create a new unpublished empty baseplate from studio. I don’t think it there needs to be terrain in the place for this bug to happen. Edit: @OutlookG beat me to it.

1 Like

Can anyone else confirm that team create places still appear to work fine despite this issue? Those are the only places that I can load.

1 Like

I can’t even load games that doesn’t include terrain or parts, only UI and scripts :confused: and it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hey all, we’re looking into this, we’ll let you know once we push any fixes.

Temporary solution: open places through Studio and not through the website

11 Likes

I tried loading one to confirm and it did work, so I can confirm that works, as of right now

2 Likes

I am unable to load any of my places, and i get the same error that most people have reported above:

Maybe this is related to current updates that resulted in error recently, as can be seen here: Terrain tools BuiltInPlugin warning in output - #13 by r_r

This is happening with 100% consistency, and i could say that is halting all meaningful functionality.

1 Like

I confirm it works on team create places. I think there is a problem with games that are having team create off.

1 Like

[RU] Ни один опубликованный проект не может быть отредактирован.
[EN] No published project can be edited.

[RU] Не зависимо от того использовался ли ландшафт в проекте.
[EN] Regardless of whether the landscape was used in the project.

3 Likes