Can't move player connect with other player via RopeConstraint

I recently created a server sided script that creates a ropeconstraint on the player that clicked on proximityprompt fixed on another player’s humanoid. But when I do that, the player that clicked can’t move, it takes slow steps and doesn’t run animations.

I’m joining the attachments using player and prompt.parent (which is fixed in humanoid)

Video Explaining:

Can someone please help me how do I fix this problem?
:smiley:

I didn’t quite understand what that meant, how can I replace this on my system?

The problem is caused by how constraints work and one player will always lose ownership over their character when attached to another player with a constraint causing the animation to not play

1 Like

How can I solve that ? Is there any way?

Unfortunately there seems to be no fix so your best option, as said in the post i linked above, is to make the rope a visual effect and work on some script to drag the player. I can’t think of any other solution really.

1 Like

Yes I think so, ty for response :smiley:

1 Like

Actually, you can fix this. I think how I did it is you have to remove the rootpart from the player being pulled. Also, connect the rope to the rootpart of the first player. But if you want both players to have control i dont think that is possible.

1 Like

Note: I also have a script that makes the player that clicked jump when he is attached. It also doesn’t work when he is attached.
Thanks!

The reason this happened is because when you connect a player to another player via a RopeConstraint the player can no longer move.
For you to make this work, I would recommend that you disconnect the player after he has been clicked, and then make a custom rig for the player.

1 Like