Can't stop animation?

You could maybe try waiting for the “pose” and “spose” animations to finish (With “animation.Ended:Wait()”) and :Stop() them before starting the “poseI” and “sposeI” animations. It looks like your idle loop animations never play and the character is just stuck in a position.

4 Likes

The function is called upon the player pressing G, I haven’t set a cooldown yet but I didn’t press them rapidly.

2 Likes

“pose” and “spose” are higher animation priority than posel and sposel so it’s completely fine to call these two way before pose and spose ends. Also pose and spose are just “roll in” animation for posel and sposel (Which isn’t looped of course) if you’ve seen the gif I’ve listed in a reply before yours.

I can attach a gif including the only “pose” and “spose” to show how it works, since English isn’t my native language I ended up making mistakes on my explanations so I’m sorry.

3 Likes

That gif would be helpful.

Acoording to this output the poseI animation has already stopped playing before you :Stop() it. Is this what you want?

2 Likes

According to the output, yes it has been indeed stopped. But on screen it is not, the animation is stopped but the player’s pose is still the animation. That’s the problem, I can send gif if you want.

2 Likes

This might’ve been a Roblox glitch since in my other games the :Stop() works, but not in the place I use to work on this pose thing. I might try and move everything in this game to a new place instead and if the error is still occuring, I might aswell have to discontinue this project. Thank you for all the helps.

4 Likes

After almost a year later, I have finally came up with a solution.

The animation playing script was server-sided (the script stated in topic post), triggered by LocalScripts, because I believe animations played locally would not play for other players, which I later found wrong. The issue about the script is that it loads new animations every time it is called, thus making it does not stop the animation playing, instead it stops the new one that was loaded in which it wasn’t even played yet. I later rewrote the script, playing animations in LocalScript (which actually plays the animation for other players somehow) and other server-sided tricks goes into the server-sided script, which makes the animation playing no longer an issue.

The game has been resurrected now. I appreciate all the attempts to help in the past, it is purely my fault for I did not state the problem and everything clear. I hope this bump can help new scripters somehow.

22 Likes

Thank you for sharing this even after a year. I had never figured this out if it wasnt for you😘

1 Like