Can't test game in studio

When I try to play my game in Roblox Studio, all I see is this, and there’s an output message saying “exception while signaling: SerializerPugi::deserializeImpl ill-formed XML.”
What’s happening?

Edit: A little more info, it’s not creating a character for me when I test the game.

There might be a virus that you got from a model or plug-in from the Toolbox.

Hey there. What plugins you’re using? Might you have a plugin with backdoor scripts.

And check your lightning I think you have blur in there.

I’ve checked through all the free models that are in the game, and I don’t see any scripts in them. I’ve found that what I’m seeing is actually something built in the game, and the white spot is a reflection of a light. It’s just not making a character for me when I enter. I also tried disabling all my plugins and restarting Studio, but the problem is still there.

It looks like your place file has corrupted, this is the same error as here: Entire game corruption

Try going to a previous version of your place and see if this still happens.

Also, would it be possible to show us what you see in edit mode?

1 Like

In edit mode, everything works fine. I tried reverting to a previous version of the game, and I have the same problem. Another weird thing is that this is in Team Create, and another person working on this game isn’t having this problem when they test it.

1 Like

Try turning Team Create off & on again. If that doesn’t work, reinstall Studio.

1 Like

Uninstalling and reinstalling Studio did the trick.

2 Likes