Can't unban myself after using :BanAsync()

So, I banned myself using the new :BanAsync() API and right after a couple of tests, I tried unbanning myself using the :UnbanAsync() API, but that never worked, so now I permamently locked myself out of my game on ALL my alt accounts; is there anything I can do? UnbanAsync doesn’t do anything other than print out
UnbanAsync will succeed on production game servers. Skipping request in test environment... - Studio
Here’s scripts I used off the documentation itself:
Ban script:

local config: BanConfigType = {
	UserIds = {11667560},
	Duration = -1,
	DisplayReason = "Testing :BanAsync",
	PrivateReason = "this is a test ban",
	ExcludeAltAccounts = false,
	ApplyToUniverse = true
}
local success, err = pcall(function()
	print("banned plr")
	return game:GetService("Players"):UnbanAsync(config)
end)

Unban Script:

local config: UnbanConfigType = {
		UserIds = {11667560},
		ApplyToUniverse = true
	}
	end)
	print(success, err)

Both were ran on Server Scripts

2 Likes

Are you running both of these at the same time? In case you are, can you try disabling the ban script completely and only running the unban script?

No, I only run the unban script on Server, I have figured out I need to:

• Give team create to a friend of mine/another device with another account, preferably another internet connection;
  • Run the Unban Script in the console
    I haven’t noticed that it said “Skipping request in test environment…”, so you basically have to run that in a live game instead of Studio, but since I banned my own self I couldn’t do that, pretty stupid way of locking yourself out of your own game, maybe make it idiot-proof, like myself
7 Likes

I know this was marked as a solution but i’m actually curious;

wouldn’t re-publishing the game with a script that unbans you with a delay on it also work or does something prevent that?

THIS EXISTS??

It was introduced recently; you can read about it here: Introducing the Ban API and Alt Account Detection

1 Like

What I tried before, is publishing the game with this script;

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local config: UnbanConfigType = {
		UserIds = {11667560},
		ApplyToUniverse = true
	}
	end)
	print(success, err)
end)

Didn’t work, maybe I did something wrong, but after running it in the server console it worked fine. Not sure if there has to be a player banning or something

1 Like

This is probably because the ban occurs before the event fires, if it can, that is. If the event doesn’t fire, it’s practically impossible to be unbanned.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.