Can't upload 8k textures?

I recently saw that Roblox allows the uploading of up to 8k textures and won’t downsize it. However this doesn’t work for me, I tried uploading a 4k image, it downsized it like it always does. I’ve tried uploading it via the browser, decal, texture, mesh textures, pbr, material manager, all of them, can’t upload the 4k texture. Why?

2 Likes

Uploading 4k Images is possible, but you’ll need to get very creative

1 Like

What do you mean by that? May you elaborate. thanks for replying btw

Roblox supports 1024x1024 Images. By splitting a 4K image into smaller sections and uploading them separately, you can get the full 4K image (here it is demonstrated in Frontlines)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, but the problem is that I want to use it for surface appearances. I think I am able to upload these 4k textures, but it still looks more low-quality compared to in substance painter:

1 Like

They stated that 8k images are not available in studio or the client yet and will still use the downsized 1k image.

1 Like

Oh? Can you link me to where they said this so I can read more about this? It seems strange they’d announce a new feature but tell everyone they can’t use it.

1 Like

You have to split the image & upload it in sections (max size is 1024x1024)

1 Like

It was actually stated in the main announcement too but they worded it in a way that is very easy to misread. That’s why they had to make this clarification

1 Like

all beta features usually take like 3 or more months before theyre ingame

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.