CanvasGroup Beta: Group Transparency on UI Groups

You can use just a single image of a color wheel, and use math to determine the correct color. I’ve done it before it the past, its not entirely complex either.
The sliders can also be one image each, which is just a gradient from white to transparent, and another from black to transparent, and once again do math for it, also user UICorner in both the image and the background frame to make it rounded aswell.

The only issue with doing it like that is that it wouldn’t be possible to adjust the image’s saturation, which is why I was doing it that way.

I see… couldn’t you use the ImageColor3 to do that?

Yeah, but I’m not sure how it would work on a multi-coloured image which is why I had to do it in multiple smaller images, each being assigned its own colour.

I was just not sure whether doing it in a canvas group would be more performant (cause less updates) than doing it through 91 image labels.

ImageColor3 would work fine, just modify red,green,blue to the same value. White would be fully saturated, while closer to black would be less saturated, though I don’t fully understand your intent ig?
This basically just darkens and brightens the image, so make sure the color wheel is using a fully saturated set of colors

When will we get support for ui stroke?

Shouldn’t this demo be open source? Did Roblox staff begin posting closed source demos 2 years ago and I’m just that late??

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.