CanvasGroups are blurry when set to 1,0,1,0

As I do not have access to post bugs, I’m posting it here.

Hello! I use canvas groups for loading screens and my hot bar in my game. It does not become blurry when I make it less than (1,0,1,0) but does become blurry when I put it to (1,0,1,0).

I went everywhere on the internet, but couldn’t find anything. I know canvas groups are in beta but the bug isn’t listed on the post.

Here’s a comparison (It is blurry, its just that compression makes it seem clear, maybe open the image in a new tab):
Size is {0, 1024},{0, 100}

Size is 1,0,1,0

This only happens on the client.
Here is my studio GUI settings.

I don’t know if this is a bug or not, just need some help.

REPRO: Make a canvasgroup and set it to 1,0,1,0 and then add a frame as a child inside it

4 Likes

According to this topic, the majority of developers believe this is caused by either a…

1. Bug involved with CanvasGroups
  2. Automatic lower resolution when working with high memory usage

I think this only occurs in Studio, so it should not affect your players in-game. However, it still may restrict your ability to develop in Studio, so while you’re developing, I would recommend you close resource-hogging programs and turn down the Studio graphics level.

As for the sizing issue, I believe this is caused because the CanvasGroup is rendering the entire screen when set to {1, 0, 1, 0}, despite the fact that you may not be filling the entire screen with UI. Obviously, this would use more memory, which may be causing it to automatically have a lower resolution, as mentioned before.

Hope this helped!
Fizzitix

1 Like

For me canvasgroups are just always blurry

1 Like

I like how this is still happening lol

3 Likes

Still an issue, and it occurs outside of studio as well.