Cartoony effect on blocks, and meshes

I have seen this before with ugc items and I want to know how to do it… People will get meshes that somehow have this weird cartoony effect. I think it has something to do with blender but can anyone help me with this?

here is what I am going for: Cartoony Rainbow Head - Roblox

2 Likes

Did you use Making the same model glass but a bit bigger and making him rainbow gradient texture?

I have not tried it, Ill try now and see.

Make your model then make a copy of it but a bit smaller make for him rainbow gradient texture with blender uv then

well… I tried that but it didnt work.

i recommend watching this

1 Like

I will look into that. Thank you.

No Problem!Also if you succed tell me

It worked, I also found a quick way. 1: make a object 2: make a copy of the object 3: resize the copy and put it inside the original larger object 4: join the two together and export.

There are a few similar topics about creating this effect. Make sure you do a little research around the forum just to see if your question hasn’t been asked: There was a question regarding creating cartoon outlines around mesh parts, this can be done by using (special mesh) and scaling it properly however a best approach would be creating an inverted mesh through blender you’ll have to export it to studio.

Here is a guide that goes into details for creating outlines on meshes which explains some of the ways to approach this. See here: