Certain accessories have been shifted down to the bottom of their 2D thumbnails

Reproduction Steps
This issue occurs with the Golden Horns of Pwnage and Gold Crown of O’s (I will add to this list if I find more). Click the links to view each accessory’s thumbnail in 2D.

Expected Behavior
The accessories should be positioned at the center of their 2D thumbnails (like how they were previously).

Golden Horns of Pwnage (previously)

Gold Crown of O’s (previously)

Actual Behavior
The accessories are positioned at the bottom of their 2D thumbnails.

Golden Horns of Pwnage (currently)

Gold Crown of O’s (currently)

Issue Area: Catalog Assets
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Low
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-06-26
Date Last Experienced: 2023-06-27

2 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database for this issue, and we will update you as soon as we have news!

Thanks for flagging!

3 Likes

These thumbnails are now fixed! Thanks again for the report.

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. I have found more accessories whose 2D thumbnails are experiencing issues. Could this be a wider issue caused by the thumbnailer? I have noticed a lot of accessories’ 2D thumbnails have become either invisible, changed in position, or changed in saturation.

Accessory list:

1 Like

The change in saturation is a separate issue but the change in position/invisible is the same issue we fixed. These thumbnails just haven’t been invalidated yet after the fix, when they are re-generated they will be fixed.

The issue where the background color was changed and the ice crown thumbnails look different is a different issue. This change was made a long time ago but only recently noticed as they were rethumbnailed.

2 Likes

There were a few items that had a seperate issue from the invisible/weird positioning thumbnail glitch.
Some items like for example The Meta Star had their lighting direction completely flipped

Before
metastar2
After
metastar4

I think this is due to the fact that the lighting bug was meant to fix a previous devforum bug report where studio thumbnail lighting wouldn’t line up with thumbnail lighting (UGC Thumbnail Lighting Bug) and since the meta star uses the UGC thumbnail configuration this effect was applied to it. Even though the current thumbnail didn’t have any lighting issues for it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.