CFS | All-in-one avatar editor & character loader

Yes! I’ll add it to my to-do list.

1 Like

Are you asking about replacing the entire character’s body parts with a new character’s body parts but maintaining the accessories of the original bundle or just the heads?

1 Like

Yeah i’d say both would be useful, dynamic heads being the ones I switch the most often to try out expressions and such if bundles are too difficult to get working

1 Like

What are you trying to do with bundles and what is difficult about getting them to work?

Are you looking to have only the bundle’s head replace the selected rig’s head or all of the body parts of the bundle replace all of the body parts on the selected rig?

1 Like

When I have a rig selected and I insert a dynamic head, I expect only the dynamic head to be changed, when I insert a whole bundle of bodyparts (again, with the rig selected, current behaviour is fine when nothing is selected), I expect them all to be changed, retaining the accessories and such

If this causes any conflicts maybe it could be a setting

I meant that I usually only need the first functionality if it’s hard to implement the bodyparts switch on your end, english isn’t my native language so apologies if my explanations are confusing

2 Likes

@Lord_BradyRocks & @Pelo_208, it’s finally here!

This update includes numerous additions to the catalog browser’s rig auto-application features and a few QOL updates. Now when you select a rig and insert a dynamic head, bundle, or animation they will automatically apply it to the rig you’ve selected.

For bundles and animation packs you’ll see a dropdown appear allowing you to specify what body part or animation you’d like to replace.

Some APIs used for these features cause intermittent issues with undo controls

Suggested by @Pelo_208

If something catches your eye and you want to buy it, you can now copy the marketplace link and paste it right into your browser!

Suggested by @Lord_BradyRocks

Better issue reporting, introduced first in CS Studio and Swap, is also coming to CFS. Now when something unexpected happens or there’s important information you should know, CFS will open a widget and show it right to you.

3 Likes

Damn, this plugin looks really neat. I’d buy it if it wasn’t for Roblox’s shit update forcing plugins to cost real-world money. :pensive:

3 Likes

Thank you!

The lack of payment options (PayPal, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Roblox Credit, Robux, etc), especially when it comes to directly reinvesting Marketplace and game revenue, is a pretty big issue right now. As Roblox expands monetization on Creator Store, I hope they get around to making payments more accessible.

3 Likes

A refreshed look for the catalog browser and avatar inspector:

In the catalog browser, you’ll notice the download button has been replaced with an “add" button. This icon now appears across the entire interface, indicating that something can be inserted into your game. It’s also now easier and more understandable to set price ranges that are infinite. In the price filter option, you’ll now be able to set results to appear that are free or any price (including off-sale) with the click of a button.

In the avatar loader, every tab looks new. Tab buttons now have a transparency effect and information and buttons now expand into the region to give more room for information below.

The avatar inspector receives the largest update to its look. You’ll see the player’s avatar appear in the background and shine through every UI element, creating a beautiful look that complements their accessories.

An update on body part swapping:

To make it more clear about some of the shortcomings of body part swapping, it has been moved to an experimental feature. By default, it is turned off and you can enable it in preferences. This way everyone can enjoy the powerful, bug-free features of CFS and push the limits of what’s possible if they want.

Full Release Notes:

Bug Fixes

• An error occurred when dismissing the rig type prompt when inserting a player’s avatar

• A gear would still be inserted if the prompt to insert by gear or model was dismissed

Changes

• The “Convert Gears To Models” preference has been moved to the universal section

• Preferences in the preferences window are now ordered alphabetically

• Body part swapping was turned into an experimental feature

Features

• There’s now options in the price filter to use “Any Price” or “Free”

• The catalog browser and avatar loader both have UI updates

1 Like

can you change the font to something else? montserrat is very ugly and needs to be replaced with roboto

1 Like

What do you like about Roboto and what makes you find the Montserrat font unappealing? I played around with some different fonts, Roboto and Source Sans Pro in particular, and noticed that they make some parts of the UI look worse and some better.

Source Sans Pro

Roboto

1 Like

Hey there sorry for bumping again (and thanks again for the swap feature). Would it be perhaps possible to add the applied items ID to the HumanoidDescription of the characters?

I’m trying to retrieve the AssetIds of the worn Accessories for an attribution module, and the only way to do so Roblox seems to provide is by getting them from the HumanoidDescription (so currently the only thing my system shows is the player’s accessories).

Ik this is probs the most niche use case ever but yeah, I imagine it’s not hard to implement and it’d be useful in general for retrieving AssetIds when using the plugin as the main workflow.

1 Like

in my opinion, Montserrat is one of those overused fonts in my country indonesia, and i tired of seeing it over and over and over

Roboto is fine, even when it doesn’t match up to your standards

Any font is appreciated, just don’t use Montserrat because of the statement on the first paragraph

2 Likes

This would require CFS to keep track of every rig present in the game and when instances are being added and removed from each of those rigs, at a minimum, since HumanoidDescriptions don’t update automatically. My main concern with this is the amount of memory that could potentially be used and that is the main reason why I will not and partially cannot add this feature.

It’s great that you are going above and beyond to give creators the credit they deserve and I think it’s something more people should do. You can still copy the assetID of the items you add and use it to give creators credit.

Yeah that’s fair.

I just spent a couple minutes trying to come up with an implementation myself for the reply and while I feel like adding them without repeats is simple (haven’t done it myself but I imagine you just split the HD’s string and check for repeated AssetIds everytime you do an insertion, if none are found you insert the new one), I can’t come up with a good way of removing them without storing any data (Object/String values could work, but it’d be a really ugly way of adding a niche feature, and like you said would just stay there eating memory).

So the way to go is to copy the AssetId and to add it manually, which isn’t all that bad. Thanks for your time and for the high effort you put in the plugin.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for a good NPC designer plugin for a long time. This is almost it. All it needs is large item previews. Right now the preview is so tiny that I have no idea what I’m equipping most of the time. You really don’t even need to display the name of the item or any other information really, just the icon. The excess info text is just taking up screen space. I’m not really sure what the purpose of the info is in an NPC designer plugin. If you want that extra info maybe it could appear when you hover over or right click the preview icon. Also if the plugin could display a preview icon of all the clothing the selected NPC is wearing with the option to delete it by clicking on it, that would be godsend.

2 Likes

You could resizing the text to make it small so it doesn’t bother The Selection npc

Added! CFS originally had large previews — like now — but I switched over to a more data-focused UI because I figured many users wanted easy access, mainly to the ID of the asset, but also to data like price and favorite count so they could roughly evaluate how valuable the item was (in the marketplace) and factor it into whether or not they wanted to use it in their game.

I think this version — which I prototyped a few months ago but eventually scrapped — is a happy medium between the two. It’s what you suggested and it solves a few other problems as well. At first glance, the previews are large so you can see the intricate details of bundles. Some bundles were hard to see or not visible at all in light mode and making them bigger pretty much fixed that issue. When you hover over an item, the preview fades into the background and the item details appear. When you want to add something to your game or avatar, you can left click the insert button or right-click the entire box. Once your cursor leaves the box, the box returns to its regular look.

As for the preview of what the character is wearing, I think the explorer works well for that. Unlike a lot of other avatar editor plugins, in CFS, you build your avatar in the workspace. This means you can use the standard undo/redo controls to remove items you don’t like and you get a better perspective of how the avatar looks in your game because it’s actually in your game as you build it.

I built an NPC using the new large previews and found it to be a drastic improvement. Thanks! I’ve finally found the plug-in I’ve been looking for.

1 Like

That’s great to hear! If you find anything else that feels like it’s slowing you down, let me know.