Change character based on their roles in the game

So basically, I wanted to make it so it changes your character (specifically you to be changed) and not others. I did some research and found StarterCharacter but it’s used for everyone. So I tried respawning them with their StarterCharacter then changing the name. Only problem is you have to wait until you respawn for it to change. So I put wait(1). It worked but the problem was if people joined the game in that 1 second, they’d be the same character. I wanted it to be different for every player.

Now here I am. So, is there any way to change the character with or without using StarterCharacter?

Edit :

You could remove the player’s character and then assign them a new one on respawn?

local newchar = game.Workspace.newCharacter
local char = plr.Character
char:Destroy()
plr.Character = newchar

Probably something like that I’ve never really experimented with replacing characters but maybe that can help

EDIT : This may help you alot

@Vaelkarr Glad it turned out great for you good luck!

1 Like

After some testing, I finally got it working. Thanks.

1 Like

A day later, I found out that if you get damaged on the character, your player doesn’t show the “Damaged” notification type thing. For example, when you get damaged on your normal avatar, it shows a red outline following every side of your screen, and it decreases my health at the top right, which basically means you’ve been damaged. But in this case, It doesn’t show up, nor show any decrease in health on the top right. I tried researching it but I cannot find the correct words for it.

(Made Custom Character not through StarterCharacter, but doesn’t show any decrease in health on the player UI)