Change DisplayBubble() appearance

Hello!
So I want to change appearance of bubble chat summoned with DisplayBubble() function. I tried looking around for quite some time, but I could not find anything about it. I wonder if anyone here knows how to do it.

I spent there like 1 hour, and did not find what I needed.

If you mean changing the properties for individual bubbles, I don’t think it’s possible

I mean, it is. Problem is that I can catch bubble chat someone is sending with TextChatService.OnBubbleAdded which I can also use to customize bubble chat appearance, but this only takes bubble chats sent by players. If I send any bubble chat with TextChatService:DisplayBubble(), I don’t know if I am able to change appearance of that or not, thats why I am asking.

local TextChatService = game:GetService("TextChatService")
local BubbleChatConfiguration = TextChatService.BubbleChatConfiguration

BubbleChatConfiguration.BackgroundColor3 = Color3.new(1, 0, 0) -- red background
BubbleChatConfiguration.TextColor3 = Color3.new(0, 1, 0) -- green text

TextChatService:DisplayBubble(head, "whatever text you want")

1 Like

Since I was also trying not to show orinigal player message, and to use DisplayBubble() instead, I had to find a way to disable any player bubbles. I wanted to do this because of default behavior of chat bubbles, always going on top of the player model, which start looking really bad in some cases. More on that is in this topic:

Because of that I wanted to make part in the workplace instead, and add chat bubbles to it instead of player, since you can’t just set the adornee to something else as chat bubbles are protected now. If anyone would something similar here is the code:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.