Change the way to rank up to regular

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to post bugs inside of #bug-reports as a member. This is because Post Approval has been deprecated last September. Currently, you have to DM @DevEngagementTeam or @Bug-Support . There is a con about that. It takes too long for your post to be approved into #bug-reports .

I feel like ranking up to regular should be revamped. Basically, someone in @DevEngagementTeam or another team of DevForum staff would look at the person. If they see that they are “ready” for regular, the DevForum staff member would rank that person up to regular. Roblox would also put the guidelines to leveling up to regular in the How to level up on the forum topic.

But what if the member starts doing something “bad”?
They would simply be moved back down to Member until they are “ready” again.

What about the bug report wizard?

I have a feeling that would be a little too chaotic; considering that I see bug reports in #development-discussion that are basically about “My PC crashed.” Maybe you would be required to use that before posting normally and posting in #feature-requests.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum so I could post bugs in #bug-reports and not need to hope that it gets fixed in the next release of Studio/Hope someone who is a regular finds the bug in Studio also.

Thank you, WE

P.S. The intention of this post is not to try to rank up to regular. I honestly don’t care about roles on the DevForum. I just want a way to report bugs in #bug-reports when I find one (And yes, I will search before posting).

Also, if you disagree with anything I said in this post, please post what you disagree and why.

10 Likes

This was the very original system I believe. It has already been tried.

3 Likes

There was also Post Approval, which was the main way to level up.

3 Likes

I do agree there should be another way to rank up, but at the same time, I disagree because there are just so many people, and ranking each individual up would be a pain. The people who post more will get more attention, we don’t want that to be something you need to rank up(to address your possible solution).

I understand the pain of not being able to post in bug reports or feature requests e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶9̶9̶%̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶, but groundbreaking bugs and features that many people would want would be posted by the current regulars anyway.

5 Likes

Not everyone would become a regular. It’s the people who contribute the most. It would basically be the same as post approval; you must also be contributing.

I don’t really have requests for features, also, I think in order to be able to make posts on your own (Without Bug Report Wizard) + make feature requests, you must make a few with the wizard.

3 Likes

Developer Relations is already looking into the issue of accessibility and trust levels. A feature request is better written focusing on the problem (“can’t post bug reports easily”) rather than your proposed solution (“manual review and promotion”). Your request is bad because it’s not scalable but your problem isn’t invalid and has already been raised countless times to the point of exhaustion.

7 Likes

Please don’t make new posts about this, there’s already a dozen floating around. Use one of the existing topics about “allow rankup to regular” and “allow people to make bug reports”.