Changing CFrame of Character's Arms causes Flinging

Just made my own Animation System and I’m running into one issue. On RenderStepped, I’m updating the left and right arm of the character, but for some reason it causes the character to be flung around. There are no anchored nor collidable objects inside the character or weapon, except for the HumanoidRootPart of course.

A few solutions that didn’t work that I’ve tried include (this list will expand as I continue testing):

• Changing the Left and Right Shoulder Motor6D located in the character’s torso

How would I fix this? It just seems that changing the CFrame of the arms is very glitchy.

One solution: Use the Left and Right shoulder Motor6Ds as it’s the proper way to move the character’s arms without getting flung
Other solution is to disconnect the character’s arms from the torso and make them follow the torso using RenderStepped or Heartbeat, but I’d say that’s kind of impractical

1 Like

The way you would update arms animation-wise is by using the Transform property on Motor6Ds, as pointed out in the announcement for it:

1 Like