Character is sideways?

I’m trying to make a custom character to practice my IK abilities, but the problem is that my character is facing sideways. This is how the character looks (not running) (the orange outline shows the top of the root part)

And this is how it looks in-game

For more info, this isn’t a custom CUSTOM character. I’m using roblox’s built-in humanoid.

1 Like

Check to see if your humanoid root part is (0,0,0) initially because the humanoid will try to make the humanoid root part upright. You might need to rotate it for this using the studio tools or modify the C0 and C1.

If I try to set the orientation to (0, 0, 0), it won’t work. It’ll just flip the whole character (for some reason) sideways as if I were to play it. Though I did try this before but achieved different results (for some reason)

If you copy it and only keep the bare minimum required parts, what happens?

And can you open the original in the explorer and send a picture?

Yeah this appears to be a rigging issue. Without access to the place file I recommend the below tutorial videos as the process is the same.

Also what is the root part of the rig? Even if it’s named humanoid root part it can change because its odd because it’s dependent on a lot of factors according to documentation below. You can confirm the root part is correct by doing :GetRootPart() on any part of body/rig. This will effect which parts rotate or not.

1 Like

Maybe I’m dumb but the model’s root part is still the same? I played around with the motor6d’s, root part’s, and torso’s properties and still couldn’t get it to work.

Motor6d:

Root Part:

Torso:

I got so exhausted that I removed the humanoid and instead anchored the root part so it would work

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.